cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Bank Statement for multiple house banks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am configuring the electronic bank statement for multiple house banks. I have already done it for one bank say HSBCB. It is working properly for first house bank. Now I want to do it for HSBCC. I want to use same account symbols created for HSBCB but the GL accounts are different. I know masking needs to be done in this case but I do not know how to do it. I did masking for main bank with all ++++++++++ (10) then masking for the incoming and outgoing account is done for 9 i.e., +++++++++0.

After this when I upload the statement through FF_5 and execute it. I am getting an error saying

difference too large for clearing.

Actually there is no difference.

I think the system is not able to pick the gl accounts to do the clearing and posting.

Please help how to solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the Bank GLs (main, incoming and outgoing) that you have defined for all the house banks..

Make sure that all main bank GL for all house banks end with the same digit say '0'

and same for incoming and outgoing bank GLs.

Generally we keep them as '0' '1' and '2'

therefore for account symbol of main GL +++++++++0

incoming- +++++++++1

outgoing- +++++++++2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The incoming and outgoing have been defined with same GL account ending with 0. The main GL account is completely masked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean-the incoming GL and outgoing bank GL are the same?

why have you configured the main GL as completely masked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean-the incoming GL and outgoing bank GL are the same?

why have you configured the main GL as completely masked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes both incoming and outgoing GL accounts are same. But both the Gl accounts end with 0.

I did the configuration from a document. So looking at that I have masked the main bank account completely !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using same Gl account for incoming and outgoing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why are you using same GL for incoming and outgoing? Is this the case for all your house banks?

If you intend to continue with it and all such GLs for all the house banks have ending digit '0' then use +++++++++0 for incoming and outgoing

For main bank what are the GLs for all the house banks ? do they all end with same digit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my client requirement they have given one GL for both incoming and outgoing. And the GL accounts for main bank account for all housebanks also end with same digit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then maintain the account for main GL as +++++++++(lastdigit of main bank accountS)

instead of using all masked characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried it still it is not doing the clearing. I want the clearing based on assignment.

The algorithm is also selected for clearing based on assignment which is algorithm 015.

I do not know what is wrong now. I tried to run it as a batch session. There it shows selection based on assignment screen then it show no values found and I cannot go to next screen. One more thing I am trying to clear 2 transactions of same amount at the same time. say for Rs. 2000. One is incoming payment and one is outgoing payment. The selection is based assignment which is different for both. so system has to do the clearing based on assignment.

By the way does this have anything to do with this fields shown below. Can you explain the specific use of these fields the posting type and posting area. Posting area has 1 & 2 options. One is main account one is sub ledger. Please explain it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that you are using Electronic Bank Statement. Be sure of the external transaction types.

As regards the posting area-

we use 2-subledger accounting we want  the corresponding debit/credit to go to customer/vendor accounts

1- is used when the corresponding dr/cr to go to normal GL account say bank charges or main bank account

one thing that strikes me in the above config is that account symbol field is blank. it should be filled for at least one of the cases ie debit or credit. it may be filled for both.But should not be blank for both.

next you have written"....The selection is based assignment which is different for both. so system has to do the clearing based on assignment...."

if the assignment field is different in the bank account of both the document how is it supposed to clear.

pls re check your entire config once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that you are using Electronic Bank Statement. Be sure of the external transaction types.

As regards the posting area-

we use 2-subledger accounting we want  the corresponding debit/credit to go to customer/vendor accounts

1- is used when the corresponding dr/cr to go to normal GL account say bank charges or main bank account

one thing that strikes me in the above config is that account symbol field is blank. it should be filled for at least one of the cases ie debit or credit. it may be filled for both.But should not be blank for both.

next you have written"....The selection is based assignment which is different for both. so system has to do the clearing based on assignment...."

if the assignment field is different in the bank account of both the document how is it supposed to clear.

pls re check your entire config once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted those fields to be explained so I just put some random screenshot. It is not the actual config. One more thing. Please tell me if the below mentioned process is right:

We post a vendor invoice then we make payment through f-53, here in assignment field we enter the assignment based on which the clearing will happen. This same assignment is present in the MT940 file given by bank.

when I make payment through F-53

Then entries are:

Vendor a/c DR

to Bank clearing a/c (sub account)

Then when we upload the MT940 file

Bank clearing a/c DR

to Main Bank account Credit.

This is the actual process right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly..the set of journal entries is correct and the bank sub account(in your case incoming and outgoing is same) gets cleared based on the matching of assignment field(generally cheque no) when the bank statement is posted.

you can check the status of the statement posted through FEBAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly..the set of journal entries is correct and the bank sub account(in your case incoming and outgoing is same) gets cleared based on the matching of assignment field(generally cheque no) when the bank statement is posted.

you can check the status of the statement posted through FEBAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masking is based on ur account structure

PF snap shot of set up in our system

We have mani a/c e.g 11131100, 200, 300 etc updated in different house banks.

Trust this help you understand setting.

Nk

Answers (0)