cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase mobile in offline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I develop some simple application, the Workflow application directly to a DB or a BAPI to SAP; but, what happend if I haven´t Internet or if I have a court of Internet? Can i work with this Workflow applications?

I want sync the records the first time that i connect for store it and I could consult without network. Is it possible?

Example: 

I have a list of materials for search, if I have not connection, I want search in the last sync material, is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190800
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Hybrid Web Container does not execute cache<-->client DB synchronization in the same way the the native Object API does.  Instead, its offline behavior follows a more business-process oriented push model, in which messages can be pushed to the device, stored locally, read locally, operated on, and then submitted back to the server.  If the device is disconnected, the submit operations can also be queued in a local store and retried.  Otherwise, the client can request data, and save it locally through provided storage APIs.

Though the applications do start with an MBO diagram, the MBO mapping is used for mapping to the back end connection profiles; no object classes with the sync methods are generated and deployed into the native HWC application.

Nishan is correct that if you truly want transactional sync, the native Object API is the way to go.  However, I would look at the size of your materials list to determine whether this is necessary.  If in the lower x'000s (depending widely on the shape of your model), it may not be... larger than than that, I'd recommend having the native data layer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand... So, if I want an offline application I have to develop in the API device?

What is the advantages with the Hybrid application?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor ,Using json file concept we can implement HWC application offline mode,but you must have SUP 2.1.3 because it supports phonegap features. So if you  explore things on phone gap and json file concept,then you can know how HWC works in offline.

But json file does not provide any security until you must encrypt it and hide the file on the sd card.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

with SUP is not possible do an offline application, so, what advantages has SUP? I can not develop an offline application, I can not believe it...

With phone gap, can I store the data in the device? Are there any sample related with SAP?

Regards,

former_member190800
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor, two issues for you to be aware of:

1.  The Hybrid Web Container is only one part of the SDK.  It provides a HTML/JS development framework for applications which run cross platform, can utilize the platform services for security and authentication in the customer's environment, provides push, and queued operations (business-process type use cases, primarily).  Also within the SUP set of SDKs, there are also libraries and code generation tools for simplifying development of applications using synchronization to get data to and from the device, instead of user-initiated refresh (this reduces the traffic over the wire, since only delta updates are sent, and maintains transactional integrity for CUD on the device to the back end).

2.  'Offline' has a lot of meanings, depending who you talk to.  A few years ago, 'Offline' almost always meant applications using synchronization, which allows the user to operate on the data on the device while disconnected, then synchronize the updates to the back end.  More recently, 'Offline' often refers to requesting, then storing some data on the device, then reading it to the UI. A good example of this kind of 'Offline' would be a Twitter application, or newsfeed, where the user refreshes the query to the back end, then stores the most recent response on the device so that some data can be viewed while the device is disconnected, and speeds the UI responsiveness.

With the HWC and/or with PhoneGap, you can store the data in the device.  The SUPStorage.js API is documented here:  SUPStorage.js.   Also, a number of samples are posted on CodeExchange here:  https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/groups/sup-apps.  All membership requests are accepted.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi stan,

I know that HWC is online based app that means it has to change the data in the device whenever there is a change in the back end. But its not happening why?

Can you give a solution for this problem. Please click on this link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3213631

Regards

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stan.

Could you share a sample using SUPStorage.js or more information about it?

Thanks in advance.

former_member190800
Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184247
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me the links agains? It does not work...

former_member184247
Participant
former_member184247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am using SUP 2.2.

I have created one HWC Online app (Flight) and made one change in that app to work in offline i.e, I checked "Store data in on-device cache" as shown in the following figure.

Then, I can see flight details even if their is no internet connection with the condition once the data has browsed successfully.

And just let me know, whether this fulfill ur requirement?

Regards

Sumeet S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I actually have to revise my first comment as I have learned new things about the hybrid container. I checked back with the SUP Product Managers and they told me that it is not automatic that you get the offline capabilities with the hybrid container. The hybrid container carries a simple database that allows for messages to be stored and syncronized later only. I asked the Product Manger to respond with details to your question and he said he would, but I see he has not so far. I will go back and ask him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks.

I will wait your answer.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

For your requirement my suggestion is to develop app using Object API ( you will have to build for native platforms individually )

Many Thanks

Nishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is not possible develop with SUP? I will prefer an hybrid app

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

the hybrid applications should do this by nature. You should not need to do anything. The hybrid container is build in a way that it sores data locally if you do not have an internet connection. Once the connection comes back it will sync with the SUP server and with any backend that you use for your MBO (e.g. Database, REST Service, RFC function module)

Best

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

This is the requirement; but I have a simple application; It´s the tutorial of flight. When I press in Search, If iI have not Internet appear an error; when I have Interner work fine...

Have I to do anything?

Regards,