cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CR Viewer rendering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I updated CR 13 to 13 SP4  (VS2010 ASP.NET)

I'm having a lot of reports that are working properly. Now (SP4), when I open a report on a CR viewer the report isn’t rendering correctly but when I print the report everything is correct.

If the compatibility mode is ON in IE9 the rendering is better, not OK, but I can’t use it as other funcionalities of my product are having problems.I have attached the screen shot.

What can I do to solve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now (SP4), when I open a report on a CR viewer the report isn’t rendering correctly but when I print the report everything is correct.

Does this mean that before SP4, you did not have the issue?

See if setting the "No Printer" option helps.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some instalation without SP and it run correctly

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then what happens if on one of these systems where you have SP4, you roll back to the same SP (none?) as you have where it runs correctly? E.g.; we need to determine if this is an SP4 issue. Only one way I know how; roll back.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rollback. Do it !!

Whit  CR 13_0_1,  run correctly !

First image:           CR 13_0_4

Second Image:      CR 13_0_1

Why I need SP4? I have some problem that SP4 solve.

Good weekend, Ludek and thanks.

Monday more...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re. SP4 roll back. This was just an idea and I understand the need for SP4 may be related to a fix that is in SP4. I will test this to see if I can reproduce the issue with our reports. If I can, then I will escalate the issue for a fix, ETA; if I can get it into SP5 then we're looking at beginning of October. If not, then we're looking at SP6 - probably January 2013.

If I cannot reproduce the issue, I may need your report with saved data to test with.

Have a great weekend,

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

Thanks for your interest about this issue.

What can I do to help you to reproduce the problem?

I can send you the .rpt file, but I don't understand what you want to say with "report with saved data".

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been able to reproduce the issue - with IE8 as well as IE9 and I will be creating a technical escalation for this. The issue, as far as I am concerned, is significant and I'd expect it to be resolved in Service Pack 5, ETA; mid October(?) - no promises at this time. I'll update this thread as soon as I have a TE number.

Please check back mid September for status update.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is being tracked now under TE5000433703

(ADAPT01651895)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Ludek,

I’d prefer a Fix to solve the issue, but I perfectly understand it isn’t always possible.

We shall try to placate the customer's complaints regarding the error until October.

Many thanks for your help detecting and trying to solve it.

I don’t know how to proceed with the ID that you have sent me:  TE5000433703 and (DAPT01651895)

Regards

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IDs are here just for tracking info - probably more for me than anything else. E.g.; if you come in here, say in mid September, I can use the IDs to check on what's happening.

I'm pretty sure this will be fixed, but no promises and do keep your fingers crossed .

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks. See you in setpember(mid)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

scenario: visual studio 2010 and CR for VS2010 13.0.1, in the image on the left the report inside the crystalreportviewer and on the right in a desktop application.

As you can see the report inside the crystalreportviewer has visualization problem, it can be the same issue reported by Jordi?

Thank's.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like it.

Only one way to be sure though. See what this looks like with SP3. If you want, I can test it here, but I'll need your report - with saved data.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same problem with SP3...how can i send you the report with data?

Thank you very much.

- Alessandro

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you click on Advanced Editor, you can attach files there.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i've tried the same report in internet explorer and as you can see in the image below the problem is "only" the text of the first field that goes out.

Have you ever seen this?

Thanks!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the 1st "field" a formula? If so, place it in a text field. It will format the formula slightly differently.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i have resolved the problem placing the formula in a text field and limiting the number of character, i'll be a limit of the cr viewer.

Thanks Ludek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its October any news on the fix? If there is a way for us to follow using the tracking number you provided can you share that too? I am sort of new to this website.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

Depends which issue as we kinda mixed in here two of em:

1) The original issue of detail lines over printing headers posted as the original entry on July 13

2) Placing formula into text box so that the contents do not spill beyond a set length

(1) will be fixed in SP 5, now scheduled for December 2012

(2) is not considered to be a "fixable" issue, so no escalation

And to answer your question re following the tracking number; that's a trick and a half for me using our internal systems , so nothing public... but once these SPs get released I do create wikis that document each fix in the SP.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. In regards to issue 1, is the current work around just to go back to 13.0.1?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing else I know that will resolve this for now.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm struggling with this issue.  Do you have an updated release date for a fix/SP5?

Thanks

Chris

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometime this quarter - that is all I know... Sorry.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is now fixed in SP 5:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Will a similar fix be issued for Crystal Reports 2011.  It has the same rendering issue.

Michele

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele

CR 2011 does not install any SDK. The equivalent is "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio", link to download provided in my previous post. So apologies, but I'm not sure where to take this. Do you have more info?

- Ludek

Answers (0)