Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Webi Rich Client (JRE error)

Peter-F
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I installed SBOP BI Platform 4.0 Clients FP3 - Windows (32B) from Service Marketplace and I have not been able to start the Webi rich client.

I immediately get a "Fatal Error" pop-up with the following message "Can not load JRE library - Press OK to start debugger". Pressing "OK" doesn't seem like it does anything.

I have tried reinstall BI platform FP3 and tried FP2.  I have tried various versions of Jave runtime environment (release 6.0 updates 22, 25, and 33) and I still get the same error.

Has anyone else faced this problem and does anyone know of a possible work around?

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Are you facing the issue on all client machines or only specific one ? And did you try installing the client tools on server ? Are you facing the same problem ?

Peter-F
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

I have tested this on different machines and VMs and I have not been able to replicate the JRE error. It seems to be specific to my local client machine that is experiecing this issue.

Best regards,

Peter

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am afraid there is no easy solution, please check this KB article

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1716358

in this case they had to rebuild the OS... 

If you are familiar with MS ProcessMonitor you may wish to find out what is the component failing to be loaded...

thanks

Simone

Peter-F
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Thanks for the information.

Now that I think about it, I have been having problems loading some MS office programs where it cites a missing library but powerpoint, excel and word seem to have this automated repair program. It was a reoccuring issue until I completely uninstalled MS office and reinstalled it but the issues came back about a week later.

It's quite possible that the problems I've been experiencing is due to my OS. I'll try to do some tests.

Thanks!

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for letting us know,  you may also wish to consider the restore functionality of the OS,  maybe you have a saved point in which the problem doesn't occur...

thanks!

Peter-F
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

On a side note, I have been able to use the BI launch paid webi thin client without java related problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think reinstalling Java runtime should fix it.

Peter-F
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have tried reinstalling Java runtime and I have also tried older versions of Java runtime and i still experience the same issue.