Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU should carry before UC or after ?

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am doing SAP combined upgrade and unicode conversion (CU&UC). Currently i am in downtime phase.

My query is regarding the SPAU acitivty.

Can you please guide me, should i do SPAU adjustment before exporting and importing the system for unicode conversion which i have to do after upgrade.

Or should i do SPAU immeditely after upgrade is completed and then do the export and import of system for completion of unicode conversion.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should do the SPAU immediately as soon as the SPAU adjustment phase is reached or after the after the upgrade is just completed. Do it before you do the export of the system for the unicode conversion.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was checking one of the forum reply of Sunny, which says we can do SPAU activity after upgrade.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1900538

So, still confused, can we do SPAU after unicode conversion or it is risky to do that.

Thanks,

Anil

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should do the SPAU after the upgrade as suggested by Sunny as well . Do not do it after the unicode conversion .

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need to apply support packages from 56 to 66. Club them all in upgrade. Then you have to do single SPDD and SPAU. SPDD you can do during upgrade. And SPAU after unicode conversion.

sunny said we can do SPAU after unicode conversion.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though it is technically possible , but your SPAU transport would be from an unicode system and then imported into a non-unicode system during the upgrade of the next system when you bind it.

Check this SAP note Note 638357 - Transport between Unicode systems and non-Unicode systems

Also in general SPAU is done prior to export as suggested by this wiki

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/Upgrade+Project+Plan

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratnajit,

One more query, moving the Transport in QAS and PRD of SPDD and SPAU.

How to move this transport request, it should be moved through OS level or should provide this trabsport request number when upgradation prompt for this request. During the Quality and production upgradation there will be delta change in QAS and PRD as compare to DEV.

In such case will that be good if i provide trabsport request when SAP upgrade ask or should i manually import from OS level.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do SPDD, create a transport request and add all the adjustments made to dictionary objects in the single transport request. Release the task. Then in SPDD , there is an button "Select for transport ". Click it , it will prompt with an option  select the option relevant (either Upgrade or SPAM update) . Then select the transport request..

Do the above for SPAU as well. Make sure you have only 1 transport request each for SPDD and SPAU. After you do the above , the SAPup would release the 2 requests and put the transports in a file umodauto.lst under /usr/sap/trans/bin

The next upgrade will search for SPAU and SPDD transports from this file from the same location . Make sure you copy this file to the location mentioned above if you have different transport directories along with the data and cofiles. If you have same transport directory , you are good to go.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

When i give the trabsport request of last SPDD and SAPU. Will the upgrade tool only adjust the changes which are there in request and reset it will allow us to make the changes of delta OR it will reset the delta to original which are not present in transport request.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will allow you to make changes of the delta , there is an option you need to select during the upgrade  that will allow the delta modification.

Regards

Ratnajit