cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Information Space fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have recently upgraded to BI 4.0 SP 4.

When I try to schedule a index to run every day I get the following error:

"Failed to update the information space

for input string: "NaN"

If I try schedule on hour or weekly I still get the same error message.

Is this a known bug in SP4 because scheduling of indexes worked perfectly on BI 4.0 SP2 patch 12?

Regards

Graham 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I can't say that I've seen this error in past versions or in SP4.  And it doesn't look to be referenced in the errors guide either.  But these are things to consider...

1. What datasource is the information space using?  Does it only fail when using one type of database or others as well?
  2. Is it only your previously created information spaces from patch 12 that fail to schedule? or newly created ones as well?
  3. Try simplifying the information spaces to only 2 or 3 dimensions and 1 measure.  Can you get to a point where something schedules successfully and build on that?
  4. Was ther ean error code that was displayed with the message?  Usually it'll show something similar to "PS 30001".  It might make the error easier for you or others to search on.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had SAP look at the error there is a bug in the explorer program in that the schedule index cannot be 00 minutes it must be 01 minutes then the time based scheduling will work.

Regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Regards

Nithin

Answers (0)