cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document for INI file setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I want to know the detail parameters of SAP HANA ini files.

Is there any document or website to explain the parameters.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP plans to provide more documentation about HANA parameters. So far all there is to see are the comments in the ini-files itself. SAP also plans to add a syntax check for HANA Studio, therefore we won't mess up parameter settings so easily. We have to wait, maybe it will come with HANA SPS05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark Foerster

Thanks for your useful information.

I'll wait for SPS05.

Until then,

I should check the ini file itself.

Thanks again!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update if somebody else stumbles on this post while searching for a list of configuration parameters.

There is a whole .pdf file on sap website with at least 70 pages filled with all the parameters (example below). It was released in May 2015.  It's called "Frequently Used Configuration Parameters in SAP HANA." I already downloaded, saved, and backed up this treasure. Now, of course I lost the link to it, but finally it IS out there!

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The document you refer to is an attachment to SAP note 2036111 and was mentioned e.g. here .

Please bear in mind that this is not a reference documentation and also not a recommendation to set parameters in a specific way.

SAP HANA is designed to be well working with "out-of-the-box" parameter values.

So make sure to only set the parameters that are either required and documented for configuration purposes and the ones that need to be set based on advice from SAP support.

BTW: there's a new SAP note coming up (thanks !) that will cover a lot of questions around parameters http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2186744(„FAQ: SAP HANA Parameters“).

- Lars

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can mess a bit with global.ini and statisticsserver.ini etc if you are a pro. There is probably internal guides at SAP for adjusting these . But I dont think they would want most people to alter them .

But each command /excecutable scripts in these files have short description followed by a verbose description.

infact i messed around a bit with statistics server ini files . I did not want to see the statistics ( i.e sum( memory_used) ) . But used the scripts to get an idea what to write . so taking the 'sum' keyword off the script and running it. I was able to see the current state of the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi Muhuri

Thanks feedback.

Some parameters are described in the SAP's documents.(install , administration,...etc)

For example, when we set the SLD, we need check the parameters related to it.

I think, these ini parameters are like profile parameters in ABAP systems.

-------------------------

When I check the parameters, there's a parameter called "indexserver.ini>password policy>...some parameters".

This means "PROBABLY"  I can change the password policy.

But I cannot confirm officially it is right or not.(except for contact to SAP)

There're many parameters like this.

So I want the document.