cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM transport domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our development Solution Manager system is MT2. Our production Solution Manager system is MT1.

I successfully

built a ChaRM prototope within MT2 using these clients: 001 (Solution Manager), 401 (DEV), 402 (QA), 403 (PRD).

Now that the prototype was a success it is time to move on and configure the production landscape using MT1, DT2 (DEV), QT2 (QA), PT1 (PRD). A transport route was set up between MT2 and MT1 so that Solution Manager configuration could be transported accordingly. I started my configuration and do have it saved in transports. I now have a request to give a ChaRM demo to the project team and will have to use the prototype built within MT2 to do so.

However, when I tried to reactivate the prototype (transport domain, etc.) I received errors in the set up of a new project before I could activate ChaRM. I am receiving the following message: Warning: Problems occurred during synchronization of the system landscape. When I run the Consistency Check I see the following:

• Check TMS (green) > System MT2 is part of transport domain DOMAIN_MT1 (green)
  • Check logical components (red) > System MT2 for project ... is in DOMAIN_MT1 (green)
  •                                                > System MT1 is not known in the Change Manager (red)
  •                                                > No track for project ... with log. system MT2/401 (red)

I have tried many things to correct the issue. I have deactivated DOMAIN_MT1; deleted the transport route between MT2 and MT1; removed MT2 system from MT1 in transaction STMS. If a run the Consistency Check on an old project, one created while I was building the prototype, that project becomes part of DOMAIN_MT1, otherwise all of the projects created while I was building the prototype are part of DOMAIN_MT1.

Can someone please help me correct this issue?

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is now resolved. I was missing RFC connections to client 000 of MT1, which is the domain controller now. In my original prototype, when MT1 did not exist, MT2 was used as the domain controller.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still an issue. To review:

• Our SAP system landscape includes two Solution Manager systems: MT2 (development/test) and MT1 (production).
  • Our MT1 system is being used as the domain controller for the entire SAP landscape. Or it will be, since right now most systems have been created as virtual.
  • We have a transport route between MT2:001 and MT1:001.
  • As we do not have a dedicated system for testing in solution manager, I am trying to set up a “prototype landscape” within MT2 to simulate a three system landscape as shown in the diagram.

In your experience, is this possible? Can MT2 include a transport route for MT2:001 to MT1:001, as well as a transport route MT2:401 to MT2:402 to MT2:403?

I had such a landscape working before MT1 was in place, but now I am receiving errors during synchronization of the system landscape. Please see below.

Warning: Problems occurred during synchronization of the system landscape

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N101

Diagnosis

Errors occurred during synchronization of the system landscape.

Procedure

Call transaction SLG1, and select the main object /TMWFLOW/CMSCV to view the application log. This contains the error logs for errors that occurred during synchronization of the system landscape.

Possible causes of the error are:

• No correctly defined maintenance project exists (SWG: I have a project.)
    • Missing or incorrect RFC connections to the satellite systems (SWG: All RFC connections are in place.)
    • Missing or incorrect authorizations (SWG: I have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.)

For a detailed error analysis, run the consistency check for this project, with "Check".

Once the error has been resolved, the system landscape has to be synchronized again.

Results from the "Check".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Can you paste the screen shot of the logical compoenent page in MT2. It looks like something has changed in the log comp. which is causing this.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It does not appear as though the logical component has changed in MT2. Here is the screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was thinking that now when you moved to the Production landscape (DT2, QT2 and PT1), a seperate solar project would be created for them with separate logical component, separate IMG projects in the managed system etc. From the above screen I understand that project was for the testing scenario only (with 3 clients on the SolMan itself).

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar scenario and found it easier to create a domain link between the SolMan landscape domain controller and the actual production landscape domain controller (for eg. ECC landscape domain controller).

The reason you get the error could be - in the system landscape tab in solar_project_admin, you would have provided the logical component which covers only DT2, QT2 and PT1 systems as the logical component would be product version specific. Hence the SolMan system is mentioned as not known as there is no logical component covering the SolMan systems which has been added to the landscape tab for the project.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will look into this suggestion.