Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid extract structure template YVIEW_EMPOPER of DataSource YDS_EMPOPER

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I created Database view its working fine but with some warning . those warnings are

All fields are evaluated as key field

Not all the base tables are linked with join conditions

The view ignores client-dependency of the base tables

Table YVIEW_EMPOPER: key length > 390 (Buffering not possible)

Key field GAMNG has num. type QUAN: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field BREAKS has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field WRKMIN has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field EXTMINS has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field ACTIM has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field EMP_EFF has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

Key field ACT_TIME has num. type DEC: Buffering not possible, Transport restricted

View YVIEW_EMPOPER is consistent

i'm assigning this view to Datasource then system is not accepting to create the data source its throwing the following error.

Invalid extract structure template YVIEW_EMPOPER of DataSource YDS_EMPOPER

Message no. R8359

Diagnosis

You tried to generate an extract structure with the template structure YVIEW_EMPOPER. This operation failed, because the template structure quantity fields or currency fields, for example, field GAMNG refer to a different table.

Procedure

Use the template structure to create a view or DDIC structure that does not contain the inadmissable fields.

so i add mara table also bcz GAMNG is referring mara(base table).

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

9 REPLIES 9

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

0 Kudos

Looks like you have added incorrect Reference Currency and Quantity fields.

You will also need to add keys to the table.

http://scn.sap.com/message/10387617

Thanks,

Shambu

0 Kudos

Have you given the reference fields for Quantity and Currency correctly as per given in  the Table used

0 Kudos

Hi Shambu ,

Thanks for ur kind response , i added afko , afvc ,afvu tables . but i'm not finding where i've to add currency fields and all in view. can you help me..

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

In the view,Goto Currency/Quantity Tab ,you will see list of Currency & Quantity fields that have been used, ensure that the referenct table name contains the the Name of the view and not the table name that is used in the base table ,similarly reference field is the Unit (this field should also have been added in the view)

0 Kudos

Hi Ram ,

in view where we can find the currency/quantity fields .can you explain me i'm not able to find those fields.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

0 Kudos

My bad. In RSO3 , beneath the place where u have given the View name ,there will be an Extract structure , goto the Extract structure and there u will find the place to add currency /quanity fields ..

0 Kudos

Hey Ram ,

Sorry ya , actually i don't know much about BI , my BI Developer asked me to create one view and assign to data source i'm trying from fast 4-5 days . here i'm not clicking the extracting button so i'm not able to create data source ..

Thanks for your reply...

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

I did not ask you to create a Data source, for the View which you have created, an Structure would be there, to view the Structure Name , i asked u to go to RSO3, key in Data source name, and Display the view assignment, see if there is a structure name assigned below the view name ???