cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error when connecting to system" or "Invalid Username or Password" with HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are getting error message(s) with the HANA Studio (on Cloudshare desktop image) to the HANA DB after you enter the correct username or password:

a. "Error when connecting to system":

b. "Invalid Username or Password":

The issue seems to be caused by a corrupted secure storage file.

As a workaround, please follow the following steps:

1. Delete your HANA connection on the Navigator tab in HANA Studio, and then close the HANA Studio.

2. Open windows explorer, and navigate to C:\Users\Administrator folder on your Cloudshare desktop.

3. Find the folder ".eclipse" and rename it to "OLD.eclipse":

4. Open your HANA Studio and set your HANA DB Connection again. You will be prompted to set the password reminder for secure storage file. You can choose "No".

5. After that, the new ".eclipse" folder and the new secure storage file will be recreated.

6. Close and re-open your HANA Studio, to verify that the workaround fixed the connection issue.

Regards,

Ferry

former_member624966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ferry Lianto

what those of us the HANA DB is not on cloud is on premise and O.S where are running is Linus SUSE. how do we go about resolving this issue. Thanks

Regards

Kanayo

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I am getting the same error while connecting to sap hana studio tenant database user in 10.0 PL02. I have tried the steps you have guided but issue persists. I am able to connect system database using hana studio. i am attaching the screenshot. please helpscreenshot-6.pngscreenshot-5.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (30)

Answers (30)

zeshanshafqat79
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Brother, Please ENTER Hana DATABASE Cardnalities not entering your SAP user & password

0 Kudos

Try the following methods.

Use Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Reset your network adaptor and TCP/IP.

Release and renew your IP address.

Update your network adapter driver.

Turn off your firewall/antivirus software.

Regards,
Peter

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I tried the steps for "Error when connecting to system" or "Invalid Username or Password" with HANA "

But I got stuck in step while delete the connection from the Navigator tab.

I have tried the these steps

1. Open the SAP HANA Development perspective.
  2. Choose the Repositories view and expand the repository node containing the workspace you want to remove.
  3. Right-click the workspace you want to remove.
  4. Choose the workspace-deletion mode. The following modes apply when you delete a workspace in SAP HANA studio.

Moreover I did't create any workspace for the Hana system that I installed.

Kind Regards

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I am running into the same issue. Your solution has solved the problem for many. I tried both methods:

1. deleting .eclipse (or renaming as you suggested) under c:\users\myusername\ folder

2. re-installing eclipse

It is still giving me the same problem.

SSH works fine.

Not sure where hdbsql tool is?

Can you suggest what am I still missing?

Regards,
Arsalan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arsalan,

first check whether the system is up or not.

To check that type following thing in your browser:

<HOST NAME>:80<instance number>

if it does not show the above screen that means your server is down.

Thanks,

Chandresh Khilnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arsalan,

Please note that this forum discussion is to help out general Developer's issue with HANA system, but not for troubleshooting individual's specific issue with HANA setup on AWS or other cloud service provider.

Your issue seems to be with the HANA instance you have on AWS, so it's not a general HDB Studio issue.

I would suggest you to check the SAP on AWS FAQ first:

https://aws.amazon.com/sap/faq/#hana

If you still have technical issue with the HANA server on AWS after reading the FAQ, then you would want to check with AWS Technical support team (AWS Support) who can assist you better with your HANA server issue.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I am also facing the same problem and i have followed every single step to resolve the issue but still i am getting the same error (Invalid Username and Password) .

When I try to log-in in my colleagues laptop, still the same error. i have also reset the password and tried .

Can you please tell the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

I cannot really tell what problem that you're experiencing without seeing the actual error message or screenshot.

I would suggest you to install HDB Client, and see if you can connect to your HANA instance with hdbsql command:

hdbsql \c -n <hostname> -i <inst#> -u <username> -p <password>

If you can connect with hdbsql, then try to re-install your HDB Studio.

If you cannot connect with hdbsql, then there's a problem with either the HANA instance itself or you have entered incorrect HANA connection information.

Regards,

Ferry

0 Kudos

Hello Ferry,

I was facing the same kind of issue on HCI.
That is if I give correct user name and password to connect server, eclipse was saying "Please correct user name or password".

After applying the change mentioned by you (i.e., changing .eclipse to OLD.eclipse) it was working fine.
Thanks for your valuable comments.

Thanks,

Sriram

0 Kudos

Hello Ferry,

Can you please help here.

We are trying to launch the hana studio from windows.

I followed the same steps as mentioned above but still iam unable to launch HLM using sidadm password.

Iam able to login with the same sidadm password at os level.

Can you please help in resolving this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Archana Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution I posted is specific to secure storage issue with your HDB Studio, not HLM connection issue that you described.

You would need to install SAPHLM on the HANA server where your HANA instance resides, before you can connect with Lifecycle Management option in your HDB studio.

Regards,

Ferry

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry, your inputs are really helpful. It resolved my issue with Secure storage lock.

Best Regards

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a common problem - it's no surprise that this blog has 7,000 views!

On the Mac OS X version, the .eclipse folder lives in the user's home directory and has to be removed by a command prompt. Please be very careful with the use of rm -rf!

Johns-MacBook-Pro-2:~ jmappleby$ pwd

/Users/jmappleby

Johns-MacBook-Pro-2:~ jmappleby$ rm -rf .eclipse/

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry

I  can install hana database successfully on my hardware by modifing the HWcheck.py. But i can not connect to database by HDB or HDBStudio.Error information is like the following:

////////////////////

Could not create SQL connection:

(10,invalid username or password)

If the connection failed due to wrong creitential you should start HDBAdmin with

'-sqlPassword = SYSTEM <password> ' or

'-sqlUser = <username>'  -sqlPassword = <password> ' option

////////////////////

But i can not succeed according to the above.

I try to change password to other value and the result is the same.

Database user: SYSTEM(I can not be sure if the upper or down is stored in the database ? )

Password: Both manager and Manager1 are tried

At the same time, there is another error message shown in the system.

////////////////////////

Emergency Support Package (ESP) is not installed

Some function will fail with error about missing ""fuzzpy" module.

//////////////////////////

Best regards

Xiaoyong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I redeployed the enviornment and it works now. Thanks for the tips.

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shantanu,

Can you tell me how you redeployed the environment?

I am facing issues.

Thanks

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avi, what issue are you facing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to locate client version and its showing some error. how did u redeploy ur environment? just reboot the vitrual machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install HANA Client first. Download it from developers.sap.com/hana and there is a download link for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using HANA cloundshare environment. So I guess I wont be able to make any changes or install any software in it. I will share my environment with HANA dev team.

Kindly look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I tried out everything in this blog. But nothing worked. I am using the 30 day trial and have already lost 3 days struggling on this. The first day I could connect, but I did not get the "Content" folder. Later I realized my licence was also expired.

To get the "Content" folder atleast, I tried deleting the connection in an attempt to set a fresh connection again. After my first attempt, I could never connect back. I do not remember if I had changed the password when I logged in the first time. As far as I remember, I did not. Is there a way to reset the passowrd for user "SYSTEM" ?

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note to everyone that this topic is specific to an issue, not a placeholder for Q&A.

As I have mentioned before, please open a new topic if you have a different issue.

Try to use hdbsql command line to connect with SYSTEM account.

If it works, then it's a problem with HDB Studio secure strorage password.

If it doesn't work, then you would need to re-deploy the HANA cloud image.

The reason you don't see "Content" is because you were in HANA Developer Perspective.

You need to be in either Administration Console or Modeler Perspective, just go to Window > Open Perspective  > Other, and you can pick the appropriate perspective:

Regards,
Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry. I am having the same problem. I am unable to connect to the Trial Server given by SAP in cloudshare.

Host: hanacloud

Instance: 00

The User Name which i use is : SYSTEM

password: manager

The HANA Studio's response while adding a system is that "Invalid User Credentials".

I have tried without "Secure Storage" and also followed other steps in this forum. But none is able to save me.

Can you please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read my comment before:

Try to use hdbsql command line to connect with SYSTEM account.

If it works, then it's a problem with HDB Studio secure strorage password.

If it doesn't work, then you would need to re-deploy the HANA cloud image.

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I have done the same thing. But still I am unable to create a new system. I am getting "error" while creating a new system and connect it to HANA DB. showing invalid username and password. Not able to find out the root of the problem

need your help on this pls

thanks

Avijit

former_member184958
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I follow your step while i met the same problem like you. It got resolved but it display the new problem like below screen shot. Kindly help me. I'm using HANA studio trail version.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your screenshot shows that the license key has expired.

Please read the following guide:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31036

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ferry Lianto,. Your tips really worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ferry, your note is very helpful. I am able to fix the problem by following your note steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

This post is so helpful. i am facing similar kind of issue and got resolved after getting license from sap which was mentioned Rocky.

And my current system status is in yellow. and all the services are in green. but i can find some services are not started when i place my mouse onto the system.

please refer to the image attached.

i thought system would be fine because all the servers are in green. but where can i find the services and how can startup the services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Please create a new forum thread instead of posting on unrelated topic.

To answer your question, you can click on Landscape tab, and you will see the list of services/processes for the HDB.

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

As you mentioned. please look at the screenshot. all the servers are in green status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry , I a working on the 30 days free HANA cloud platform provided by SAP. I am getting the below error... please help..!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is indeed strange. However, you can regenerate the license file as described here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rocky I have successfully regenerated the license file. Now my system is up and run.

former_member200345
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Ferry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try out two things

1) Make sure that the Network Connections are proper. HANA Studio ->Window->Preferences-> General->Network Connections. From drop down box make it 'Direct'.

Used to get a similar error(Solved it using this approach!!!)

2) Also if you have are using a hostname (Not only IP address) for your server. Make sure you have the host entry for the same. Host entries are maintained generally in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Open this file in notepad and make an entry like

x.x.x.x     saphana

x.x.x.x-> IP address

saphana->logical hostname

Hope the answer helps you!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi man, i have done everything, but i still have this error, could you help me please?

thankss !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "everything", obviously several tricks from Ferry helped most people here already. Probably you missed a step? or you have a completely different issue, for example: port is blocked, HANA server is not started, there could be number of reasons why you can't connect to your HANA system. Can you throw in more context?

Rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi man, thank you very m

Former Member
0 Kudos

so this is the message that appears right after I do the mentioned steps,

Former Member
0 Kudos
abhi2636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I tried your steps but could not solve the problem.

Is there any other solution to resolve this?

thank you,

abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try this?

kkoetter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

that also fixed the same issue with HANA Studio on Linux connected to HANA on AWS.

Thanks & best regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I signed up for the 30 day free Hana trial yesterday, however, never got an email from SAP regarding my database login information. Is there a default login information to login from HANA studio to Hana database?  Please help, I lost two days already. Your help will be appreciated immensely.

Again, I do not know the database login information or the default login info if one exists for hana.

Regards,

Rasheed Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed,

If you are using cloudshare 30 day trial.

Refer this link for more details,  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28191.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed,

If you are using cloudshare 30 day trial.

Refer this link for more details,  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28191.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks you for your help, I am in.

You made my day!!!

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I am facing database connection issue and did as per above steps but still unable to connect to database.

In error log getting following error.

I am using

HANA Studio Version: 1.0.48

JAVA (JRE7) : 7

I have gone into the administration panel within windows and didn't found HDBODBC32 driver under Data Source ODBC.

com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCConnectionStatus: Database connection is not available. See error log for more details.

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin.createConnection(JDBCPlugin.java:314)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.executeTryJDBC(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:203)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.SAPSystemObjectUpdate.execute(SAPSystemObjectUpdate.java:69)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.navigator.operations.UpdateSAPSystemOperation.execute(UpdateSAPSystemOperation.java:76)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.datamodel.controler.DataModelOperationJob.run(DataModelOperationJob.java:70)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://tmsap:30015 [Cannot connect to host localhost:30015 [Connection refused: connect], -813.].

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:219)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:203)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:186)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:239)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin$5.run(JDBCPlugin.java:655)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

I am using microsoft azure instance and facing same problem.Did you able to solve the problem? If it is then help me out.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks. I could fix it on Windows but now I have the problem on Linux.

Please could you give me any suggestion?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Castellanos,

Do you have the same issue? what exactly is the issue you are having on Linux? You can also look at this article that complements this blog

Rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Castellanos,

You can find the actual secure storage file by going through the following navigation on your HDB Studio on Linux:

Window > Preferences

On Preferences window, drill-down to General > Security > Secure Storage > Choose "Contents" tab.

Click on "com.sap.ndb.studio", and you will see the secure storage file under "Storage location" section (default is /.eclipse/org.eclipse.equinox.security/secure_storage):

So, the workaround for Linux is to shutdown your HDB Studio on Linux, rename ".eclipse" on root folder as ".eclipse_OLD" and then restart HDB Studio.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks by your response. Up today I have some problems on my network, so I will trie your suggestion in the coming days.I will let you know.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ferry

Was successfully. I appreciate your help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks very much!! It solved my problem.

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feery,

I am also facing similar problem , I have followed your steps ,even though still am facing same issue.

Please have a look the attached screen shot iand help me out.

Thanks

Baji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baji,

There was an issue with the DB connectivities to DCJ instance on hanasvr-10. I have restarted the HANA instance, and able to connect using your username on your Cloudshare desktop image:

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferry. Now am able to access the HANA studio.

Thanks

Baji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry I am facing with same issue and tried with the steps that you have provided but could't resolve the issue when i rename the existing folder .eclipse with OLD.eclipse in the administrator. I could see two eclipse folder in the administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

You would need to delete the connection entry first before renaming the folder:

Delete your HANA connection on the Navigator tab in HANA Studio, and then close the HANA Studio.

I was trying to help to look into your desktop setup (but I kept getting kicked out, possibly because you're trying to re-connect back).

Your third screenshot was because you're trying to open the Administrator perspective, in which you don't have access at this point.

Regards,

Ferry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry thank you a lot now it is working fine ya that is true I was connecting it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferry.

I could able to resolve my issue.

former_member624464
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferry. It's really helpful.