cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Save & Save and back Button for Specific Countries and Infotypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We need to hide the 'Save' and ' Save & Back' buttons on the detail screens for specific countries and Infotypes . Is there a way this can be done ? See attached screenshot.

Our requirement is that uses from some countries should not be able to modify particular infotypes. Even if the Screen is made Read Only , user still has access to the Save button and we do not want that .

Removing it from the HRESS_CC_PER_OVP component configuration affects all the countries.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Virag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sagarjoshi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Virag,

This feature is available in EHP6 as standard. It is not possible and supported in EHP5.

See my blogs.

For EHP5 there is no provided exit however you may try out things in Application configuration controller on your own (HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG). You can also see the method MODIFY_CNR_BUTTON in the feeder class of overview and detail screen (CL_HRESS_PER_DETAIL).

But these are some changes that are deep down and you should do it carefully without creating side effects.

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Sagar. I was afraid that this would not be possible in EHP5.

I tried modifying the HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG controller. It does not work for the OVP component. Only works for LIST & FORM UIBB's. Can you see the screenshot I have given below and e tell me if i have configured it correctly ? Souldnt this config replace the HRESS_CC_PER_OVP with ZHRESS_CC_PER_OVP ? It is not doing so .

I also tried the MODIFY_CNR_BUTTON method , but the toolbar buttons are already populated by the time the code reaches here. Also , I do not have MOLGA information in this method to remove buttons accordingly.

sagarjoshi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What you are trying as shown in picture is wrong. If you need to use your own application controller instead of HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG then you need to go to component config of HRESS_CC_PER_OVP (or your custom config) and use display -> Global settings. Here you will find the application controller component. You can replace this and create your component and in method OVERRIDE_EVENT_OVP you may be able to handle custom logic.

You should be able to determine the MOLGA in method MODIFY_CNR_BUTONS (protected method) based on PERNR or USER. This is a better approach. You can control visibiilty of CNR buttons.

As I told these are deep down methods so you need better understanding of FPM and ESS logic to manage this but it is possible in custom code.

Sinc EHP6 is out it may be just better to apply this enhancement pack!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virag,

Try creating 2 configurations for international version of the component and then implement the BADI - HRESS_PER_CONFIG_KEY to switch the configuration based on the country code.

Mahesh

Message was edited by: Mahesh Krishnapillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to do a deep-copy of the component for the countries you need to remove the buttons? It'll create separate copies of all components involved and changes made won't affect other countries. You may also need to copy the launchpad role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chi. Thanks for the response , however I am not sure a deep copy would help much here.

The buttons that i want to remove are on  HRESS_CC_PER_OVP component configuration of  the Overview Component (FPM_OVP_COMPONENT )  and I do not see any option to make the overview component country specific.

Please let me know if my understanding is not correct