Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned cost for contract

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our customer has a requirement to capture to palnned cost for contract in the internal order created from contract. By standard SAP CRM doesn't transfer planned cost to ECC internal order created from business trnsaction.

Has anyone come across this type of requirement and has implemented the same in the system, then please let me know.

Thank you!

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

First of all i would like to understand the business need to capture the planned cost in case of contracts.

In case of service order we have a planned cost because at the time of creation of service order we give the estimate that is the planned cost. and once you create the confirmation you have the actual cost that goes to internal order.

But service Contract itself is a final document. there is nothing called planned cost in case of service contracts

i hope this answers your question.

Regards

Naresh

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Naresh for your quick reply.

The business requirement is to capture the planned cost of contract at the time of contract creation, so that they can actually check the variance with the actual contract cost. They don't want to update the planned cost to be updated at the time of service order creation.

For this, we  are making material price as zero when the service order is getting created. This is stopping the service order from updating the planned cost in contract. However, we are looking for a solution to update the planned cost that will be passed as a statistical condition type from CRM and should capture the cost on internal order.

I hope I am able to convey the requirement clearly.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

Standard config does not allow to enter planned  cost from any document apart from service order.

Regards

Naresh

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I am aware of the fact that SAP doesnt pass the planned cost in contract on internal order. I am looking for advice on, how we should proceed for the custom enhancement for the same.

As of now, we are sending some statistical condition type  with planned cost, which doesn't seem to be the best approach to deal with the problem.

Regards

Jyoti