cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports on Windows 7 64 bit PC

Former Member

I have developed a setup package with Crystal Reports 2008, Visual Studio 2010 and was able to successfully deploy on Windows 7 32 bit PCs. It did not work on Windows 7 PC with 64 bit.

Environment: Crystal Reports 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Oracle Database 11G with Oracle Client 64 Bit on client PC's, ODBC Connection to Crystal Reports.

Error: "An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtim (x86, x64, or Itanium) required."

What module needs to be installed on the Windows 7 64 bit PC?

What is the exact runtime package names for Crystal Reports 2008 for Windows 7 64 bit?

What is the exact runtime package name for Crystal Reports XI R2 for Windows 7 64 bit?

Where are they located on SAPs website for downloading?

Thank you.

it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio space.

CR 2008 is not supported with VS2010. You need to download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (CRVS2010) and update your application to use the CRVS2010 assemblies.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and installed CRVS2010 on the developer PC, added the references to my VS 2010 project, compiled and published the solution. Installed the appropriate run times for each of the 32 bit and 64 bit client PCs;  CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_4.msi and CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_4.msi.

This solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Answers (0)