cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Substance WorkBench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have certain new RealSubstances. For which identifiers,Auth Group, Restrictions and several Characteristics values needs to be uploaded.

Is there any procedure to do mass upload of substances to SAP .

I tried using CG33 but I found an option as 'Search Specification Type'(search through identifiers or subid).

So to my knowledge it is not possible to upload new substances using this transaction as the realsubstances is new one.

Is there any other way to perform mass upload.

Please share your ideas on this.

Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vignesh

you "misinterpret" CG33 in this case. CG33 does have "suboptions". This option:

"option as 'Search Specification Type'(search through identifiers or subid)." is part of the suboptions.

The meaning is "simple". Using CG33 you can not only create new specs but you can update them. This option is used e.g. to identify (high level explanation) the specification which should be updated or it is used to find a specification etc.

Check: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

Chapter: "Specification Import Control" (and the othere chapters may be) to get a "better" understanding how to do the import.

To summerize: CG33 can be used to create new specificaiotns or to update them

To "only" update an existing specification you could use the "EH&S OCC" (Open Content Connector) as well; main intention of this tool is to perform an upload of regulatory data; but you can (in theory) use the tool to update the "flash point" etc. as well.

Hope that this helps.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I am clear with searching substances or updating it.

But I have certain questions in creating new substances.

I know this creation happens internally.

But what settings do I need to maintain in CG33 to create new substances.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vignesh

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Of course you can mass-create new specifications using CG33. What you need is a load file that contains all these specifications and their identifiers and characteristics data, upload it onto AL11 and then import the whole thing using CG33. Creating a load file manually is extremely difficult at best. though, you should really use a tool called DataEditor since then you can use Excel or Access to easy define your specifications and let this program create the load file.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have successfully created mass substances through load file generated using Data Editor. The only mistake I did was I failed to select "Spec Keyint no.rng" flag. Which is essential to select for creation of new substances.

Thank you all,

Regards,

Vignesh

Answers (0)