cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixing cost centre for movement type 201

Former Member

Requirement is whenever there is goods issue using mvt 201 cost centre say 123456 should always be used not anyother cost centre. system should not permit goods issues when mvt 201 is used to any other cost centre except 123456

Is this possible to restrict usage of cost centre mvt wise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are couple of scenarios associated with defaulting GL acount / Cost center for MVT types , controlled by

1. Assignment of GL accounts in OBYC

2. Setting of default indicator for Mvt Types

3. Assignment of Default cost centers to cost element.

The following link explains some of the scenarios for understanding.

http://sapblackbook.blogspot.com/2012/07/defaults-for-mvt-types.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

I am not able to access the link though I have completed the details in the website.

Can you please share the contents.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The  standard movement type 201 is used for cost centre universally but as you need fixing only ONE cost center for 201 movement type not accepted.But you can create a new movement type as Z01{ copying for 201 movement type, also cretae a Account grouping Code ZBR ) and then fix your cost center concept for your tranaction.

Understand the account determination process, how G/L account picks!

In OBYC t.code for goods movement to cost center{201,Movement type } , a G/L account is assigned to offsetting entry for the inventory posting (transaction GBB) with Account grouping Code VBR.

&

In OKB9, a G/L account link to cost center and Cost center & G/L account can be checked in KSB1 t.code.

&

Also in t.code: KA02, a default cost center assigned to a G/L account.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biju,

Process is, spares can be issued against MO and also can be withdrawal by using movement type 201.

It can also happen that same spare is used in different departments.

For unplanned withdrawals we want to issue to plant support cost center.

From your reply I understood that we should have a separate GL account for this. As VBR will be used by 261 and 201 as well. If user key in Z01 and gives any other cost center instead of the permissible cost center system will issue error.

My understanding correct?

Is there any way system defaults cost center automatically when mvt Z01 is keyed in.?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, go ahead with that.

If you want again ,system defaults the cost center automatically when mvt Z01 used for spares, then go with a new customized transaction code as ZSPMVT and give validation of only ONE cost center and only material as your spares.

NOTE: Keep Structure/program background for transaction code  ZSPMVT where it links only movement type Z01, validation of only ONE cost center and only material  spares can be used and posted.

Regards,

Biju K