cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration selection of Raw Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have variant configuration for finished product. We use Multilevel BOM for producing a finished product. The BOM structure is like this for every finished material we have a Semi Finished material which will not involve in variant configuration. If the characteristics of Finished material is selected it has to select directly the Raw materials. For example we are using color option has a characteristics in Finished Material which are Green, Yellow, etc. accordingly color has to be selected in Raw material. Kindly advise how to write dependencies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthivel Gokulnath,

need some more input.

Semi Finished material which will not involve in variant configuration. If the characteristics of Finished material is selected it has to select directly the Raw materials.

so this semifinished materials are Phantom's ?

I hope you understand we normaly write selction conditions on components of a configurable materials, if your Raw material appeares in these BOM's you can assign it a dependency to select. but if it appeares below a non configurable material you cant.

so please explain your requirement in detail.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I will explain the BOM structure. The Finished Product will have variant configuration below finished product we have Semifinshed Material for this semifinished material we maintain raw materials. The selection of raw material will be depending on characteristics of Finished product. We use Semi Finished has Phantom somme times

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use multilevel varient configuration to achive this.

in that case your semifinish materials will be also a configurable material and its BOM will have selction conditions which will select Raw materials based upon values selected at finished material level.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i use Semi Finished has a configurable material how the characteristics of the Finished Material will be reflected to Semi Finished characteristics. Can you kindly explain how to derive it.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose you have a finished material ABCD it have components  CC1 , CC2 , CC3 which are always required ,  CC4 , CC5 are alternative and only one will be needed depend upon value of characteristic CH1 and a semi finished material EFGH which is configurable because only few components from its BOM are required for making ABCD , EFGH have raw materials RED & BLUE.

A characteristic  CH1 is used to configure ABCD and it have values ( A , B , C , D ).

You can define a structure where CH1 = A will select a CC4 & CH1 = ‘B’ will select CC5  in ABCD as well as it will also select RED from BOM of EFGH.

Dependency ( selection condition)  written at BOM of EFGH could be $PARENT.CH1 = ‘A’ or $ROOT.CH1 = ‘A’ for selecting RED

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh ,

In the above example stated by you , i have few queries.

For semi-finished EFGH  do we need to assign Class CH1 and also strategy group.?

Or class assigned/strategy assigned to ABCD is enough..?

I tried executing Without assigning any class/Strategy to semifinshed EFGH ..in CU50 simulated ,

system is working fine.

But i created sales order and after running MRP system is not picking the BOM only header material

ABCD is getting planned.

exception message 52 is generated after MRP run.

Regards,

Daya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Daya,

Please check BOM application used in configuration profile as well as order type.

Also , its always better to open a new thread and refer a link of already closed thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I am closing this thread and will be opening new thread.

Regards,

Daya.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks