cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the SAP Analysis Ribbon icons in a separate Ribbon menu

Former Member

Hi all,

We use SAP BO Analysis for Office with the Integrated Planning.
In the workbook we have created our own Planning Ribbon menu.

Is it possible to use the icons of the SAP Analysis AddIn for our buttons?
Because we would like to retain the look and feel of SAP Analysis.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.

best regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Ok, I realize I might have been a bit unclear in my description

Our Ribbon is Workbook specific, we user different versions for different workbooks,m

We also use a mix of our own buttons and Analysis buttons.

Follow this for a simple example

Prepare WB

1) Create New workbook

2) Options Quick Access Toolbar

3) Chose to modify "This Workbook" NOT "For all documents"

4) Add an analysis button

5) Save

If you reopen the WB you wont see your button..yet.

Make it permanent and customize it.

1) Change the fileextension from XLSM or XLSX to ZIP

2) Open the ZIP file

3) Open folder user Customizations

4) Edit the customUI.xml file (use notepad or whatever XML editor you use) depending on ZIP software you might have to extract the file for editing it and then overwrite it with the new one.

5) Add : xmlns:AO="SBOP.AdvancedAnalysis.Addin.1"  to first statement should look like this:

<mso:customUI xmlns:AO="SBOP.AdvancedAnalysis.Addin.1" xmlns:mso="http://schemas.microsoft.com/offic...

6) Change the "doc" on the Analysis Control so it matches AO in AO="SBOP.AdvancedAnalysis.Addin.1 you could have whatever instead of AO just be consistent.

Prompt button would look like this:

<mso:control visible="true" idQ="AO:com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.command.refreshWithPrompt"/>

7) Save XML file, and replace it if necessery in ZIP file,

😎 Change back fileextension to what it was before.

Now the button you added is fixed to this workbook in Quick Access Toolbar.

You can in this XML file create Ribbons with AO icons.

One of our examples:

Prompts is original button and others are custom buttons

I do not think you can use customUI editor for this, since it edits the wrong CustomUI file, but you can combine the methods.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

thank you for the detail description.

You were absolutely right. Our problem was the MS CustomUI Editor.

We used "xmlns:AO="SBOP.AdvancedAnalysis.Addin.1"" and the idQs, too. But we got no Icons and no functions.

The MS customUI Editor generate an other custumUI.xml and it work a little bit different.

By using the file in the older "userCustomizations" we can use all Analysis functions in our own Ribbon.

Thank

Regards

Patrick Mainka

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Patrick,

It IS possible to use the Analysis Icons WITH their original functions rearranged as you wish.

By editing the XML file controlling the Ribbon you can add and remove icons as you wish just like with standard Excel XML custom Ribbons

To get the right XML lines for the Ribbon buttons, just go into Options-->Customize Ribbon and Create an Analysis Tab as you would like to have it and export the XML file.

You then have to edit the XML manually and will probably have to change the namespace for the analysis functions since they sometimes seem to be set to doc: instead of what you have for the Analysis reference.

XML file should then be put into folder userCustomizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

I created my own Ribbon in Excel (Options-->Customize Ribbon). Than I exported it to XML.

But after I modified the XML file it is only possible to use the XML code for Ribbons in the folder "userCustomizations". This is a local Excel setting.

But, I would like to use the pictures or the original Analysis buttons in my Ribbon placed in the Analysis Workbook (it is on my SAP BW system like an old BEx Workbook). And i do not want to change the local Excel settings on all customer clients.

With the "MS Custom UI" Editor I added my Ribbon buttons into the Analysis Workbook.

exp.:

At this point I would like to use the SAP Analysis Icons and here I would like to add some of the SAP Analysis buttons next to my own Planning Buttons. The Ribbon, which is generated by this XML code, can not modified in Excel by the option "Customize Ribbon".

For ideas or suggestions I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Patrick

bharathsap
Employee
Employee

Hi Patrick,

You can find the add-in icons in the below path

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Analysis\Icons

You can use the icons available here to embed in your buttons.

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've probably put something wrong.

I did not mean the icons of the shortcut. I am looking for the images fo the buttons. Is it possible to use these images (screenshot with buttons) for my own buttons?

Regards

Patrick

bharathsap
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately. We don't have a library file with these icons which you can use.

Reason: All these buttons are embedded into the native excel as Add-ins. Hence there is no need to maintain such library.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

ok, there is no library. But is there a chance to get these images as ICO or BMP Files.

So that I could add them to my customUI.xml and use them in my own Ribbon menu.

Our Customer would like to have an own Ribbon menu only with the needed functions and buttons, but it should look like the original SAP Analysis ribbon. The keyusers should recognize that the planning part (the own Ribbon menu) is a Customer-Addon of SAP Analysis.

For ideas or suggestions I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about doing a high resolution screen capture and save it.

Regards,

Markus