SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing company code in site master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Can anyone suggest what could be the impact of changing the company code in site master .

Can an actual change in company code be handled this way ?

Regards ,

Anis

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should change company code only if (1) there is no valuated stock at the site level  (2) site profiles are same between company codes (3) Purchase Organization and Distribution chains are also changed accordingly.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hello Venu ,

We have a few sites which now cease to exist in the current company code A & are moved to a different ( already existing ) company code B.  Pls note that both company codes A & B are active in the system .

There are valuated stock existing in the sites currently assigned to company code A .

Should we proceed by changing company code . Sales org & Porg assignments ?

If no what exactly could be the concern .

Regards

Anis

0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Although in this , it would be good to create new site for this company and after that you can move stock from old to new one.

however if you still want to use same site for new compnay , you can do. But before that please do some prereqisites--

1. No open documents like PO should be there.

2. Profit and loss should be finalised for the previous company as after changing to new one, adjustment will not possible.

With Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis ,

We had done the same company code change for many site in our ERP system.

Here are steps :

1.clear all the open document (but PO for out vendor can post to new company code directly),expand you customer master data .

2.stock initiate reverse movement 562 for old company ,change Company code of site ,stock initiate movement type 561 for new company

3.financial clearing between old company and new one .

0 Kudos

Hello Deyi,

I'm currently investigating changing CC for open stores.

Regarding you point 2. Is it strictly necessary to do that point?

I did a test in a copy of our prod system, and I did not take out the inventory before swithcing  CC. Then I did an POS Billling and all the articles movements was booked to the new CC and everything looks fine.

Of cource the new company needs to pay the old one for the stock, but I can find no techincal reason to do it. Have you found that?

BR

Ola