cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove negative stock from LS26 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus/Experts

User want to remove (11-) qty from posting change area..

Please mention steps to remove it.

Thanks in Advance.

Rudresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Experts,

We found one alternative solution..

Steps-

1.  We did stock found in sloc SP batch 0861 for 11 qty (mov type 965 )

2.  Created a Transfer Order from storage type 998 to 922 with movement type 999

3.  Confirmed the TO and it nullified the stock.

Please let me know if there is any other way to remove the negative stock.

Thanks,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in LU04 for open posting change related to this batch. There should be something open which is causing this negative stock. Cancel that posting change notice to clear that negative stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I checked it already and there is no open TOs for this PCA or batch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are talking about open TO for the PCN, but i am asking you to cancel the open PCN and not TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Yes. There is one Open PCN that was created on 06/02/2010.

To cancel the PCN, we just need to change the Post.Chge Status as "U". Right ??

Or any other way to cancel it?

Will it surely clear the negative stock from LS26?

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Rudresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

setting the U status in LU02 transaction will just close the open PCN but not clear any negative stock.

to clear the negative stock you should process this PCN in LU04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply.

"to clear the negative stock you should process this PCN in LU04" means I need to create Transfer Order w.r.t. this PCN. Am I right?

If yes then to do so, We will face two problems

1st.- PCN is very old, hence reference material document is archived from the system,

2nd.-  To nullify the negative stock, we need positive stock in same sloc and batch, but we don't have it..

Plz check my previous post in same thread where I have mentioned the steps that I follow to clear the stock.

Plz let me know if any other option is available to nullify the negative stock..

Thanks,

Rudresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually you can clear negative stock by moving a  postive quant onto the negative quant using LT01 transaction with movement type 999.

I usually would start with a correction only after I know the full story. Having analyzed the movements in MB51 and all TOs in LT24 to know how such stock situation could ocur.

And then I would request a physical count to know the exact stock situation.

The screen shot shows only the book quantity.

But with a negative stock it could never be equal to the physical situation.

so the question is: where is the stock physically and how much is where.

How much per batch number do you have in what storage location today?

Based on that info I can give you an approach to clear the situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

PCN was created in 2010, and TO was not created w.r.t. that PCN. As it is very old requirement, all the related documents have been archived.

At present, 13pcs of material are physically available in sloc 0001 batch 0942 & batch 0937.

Please let me whether it is possible to transfer the stocks from sloc 0001 batch 0942 to sloc sp batch 0861 within same plant ????????????

If yes, then plz tell me the steps..

then we can create a TO to clear negative stock by moving a positive quant onto the negative quant using LT01 transaction with movement type 999.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rudresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh, again a different number compared to your initial screen shot.

from my point of view  you have a inconsistency in your system.

to clear this I need more detailed info.

a) physical stock per batch and storage location (not just a total for 2 batches like you just gave with your 13)

b) book stock per batch and storage location from MMBE

c) book stock per batch and storage location from LS26 (or just confirm that this is still like shown in your initial screen shot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) physical stock per batch and storage location (not just a total for 2 batches like you just gave with your 13)

Stocks are available only in sloc 0001

b) book stock per batch and storage location from MMBE

I didn't get this point

c) book stock per batch and storage location from LS26

The solution that is coming into my mind is to transfer the 11 qty of material from sloc 0001 batch 0942 to sloc sp batch 0861, then we will get positive stock for 11 qty in same sloc and batch..

Then we can nullify it.. Am I right?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the screen shot that you added to a) is the book inventory from MMBE  which I requested for b)

book inventory is what you see in a system, physical stock is what you see in your warehouse

However, these screenshots already document that you have a inconsistency between MM and WM.

the short and non-compliant solution would be to delete the record with the 11- from table LQUA and close the open PCN in LU02 by setting the U status.

the long way is to create phyiscal inventory e.g. with MI10 for your batch 0861 in a non-WM managed storage location.

then moving it with MB1B into the WM location.

then moving the postive quant onto the negative quant that makes your WM stock of this batch going away.

and finally you adjust MM from WM using LX23 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your solutions. But we can't go through short and non-compliant solution as Business will not allow to do so.

Now as per the second solution, I have two queries---

1st-  we need to move stock from non-WM to WM location with MB1B. Movement type - 311 ?right?

2nd - After moving the stock in WM location, we can nullify the stocks. Now as per WM, everything is OK but in MM we have extra qty(that i have posted). Can you plz suggest how to adjust MM from WM using LX23 transaction? or any way to remove the extra qty from MM without affecting WM.

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Rudresh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am also facing same Issue. In LU04, PCN not process, status not update and Open quantity is present.

When I am trying to do TO at LU04 and at LT05, System issue Message no. L3094

"No quants exist for posting changes".

Also Stock is negative at LS26 for TR-ZONE 922.

Please give me clarity to remove negative stock and to process PCN.

Regards

SONU

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) yes 311

2) there is a blue info button in the selection screen of LX23, it has the docu for this transaction

the only way to remove inventory from MM without effecting WM is to disconnect them by removing of the assignment from plant/storage location to warehouse (Table T320)

this can only be done when you are alone in the system, otherwise this may cause amuch more inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Jurgen for your valuable reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steps provided by you is really helpful and I am able to remove negative stocks successfully. Also IM & WM is balanced now by using LX23.

"the long way is to create phyiscal inventory e.g. with MI10 for your batch 0861 in a non-WM managed storage location.

then moving it with MB1B into the WM location.

then moving the postive quant onto the negative quant that makes your WM stock of this batch going away.

and finally you adjust MM from WM using LX23 transaction"

Even it solves my problem, I just want to know "Can we do stock found (mov typ 965) directly into WM location" instead of "creating phyiscal inventory e.g. with MI10 for your batch 0861 in a non-WM managed storage location. then moving it with MB1B into the WM location"

Please let me know if any issue with this.

Regards,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

PID can be done in one step in WM by T-Code MB11 ( Movement type 711 to 718 , based on the stock)

Here, there is no need to create separate transaction for MM-IM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikash,

Sorry ! I didn't get your response. Could you plz elaborate?

Thanks,

Rudresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

711 to 718 are the automatic movements that are created in background when you adjust a physical inventory in WM with LI21 transaction.

for some reasons (which I do not know) it is allowed to create those movements direct in MM with MB11 transaction (I restricted this in our system as people may not know what happens in WM when they do these postings, and we need inventory documents for the auditors anyway).

so it is a short cut to what I explained earlier. I did not want to confuse you even more in this problematic scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Plz let me know whether

we can do stock found (mov typ 965) directly into WM location" instead of "creating phyiscal inventory e.g. with MI10 for your batch 0861 in a non-WM managed storage location. then moving it with MB1B into the WM location"

Please let me know if any issue with this.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know what your 965 movement is, my 965 is not for stock found. It might be a customized own movement type. I cannot comment on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 1557004, explains why MB11 is not advisable...

But, we are getting perfect data by doing PID by MB11...dont faced any difficulty yet.. we dont want to freez/ block the BIN stock while doing PID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

965 movement(Standard Movement type ) is used to create inventory in a particular location. And we do it with transaction MB1C.

As I post the steps earlier, we do it as below

Steps-

1.  We did stock found in sloc SP batch 0861 for 11 qty (mov type 965 ) - MB1C

2.  Created a Transfer Order from storage type 998 to 922 with movement type 999 - LT01

3.  Confirmed the TO and it nullified the stock. LT12

4.  Adjust MM from WM using LX23 transaction

As per my understanding, MB1C (965 movement) is doing same as MI10 & MB1B. But my doubt is whether MB1C can cause any accounting imbalance?

I bother about financial document as when I adjust MM from WM using LX23 transaction, a material document is posted with movement type 702, and under Doc. info. tab Transaction Code is showing as MI10.

Plz guide me.

Thanks,

Rudresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as I already said, 965 is not in my system.

I have not seen any OSS note introducing a new 965 movement type

But I have seen a movement type list http://scn.sap.com/thread/447360

here in the forum that even shows a different meaning for 965.

Usually the movement types starting with a 9 are movements that are defined by ourselfs.

any valuated stock will create accounting documents. the account determination setup controls to which G/L account it is posted.  I expect that physical inventory  done with 702 will hit the same accounts like a stock adjustment carried out with LX23 transaction. but I suspect that your 965 hits different G/L accounts. if that is the case, then you have additional work in FI to equalize the accounts used in this correction process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

GL account and cost center are same for both movement.  (965 & 702). Hence there is no issue with finance.

Issue is closed now.

Thanks all for your wonderful support to resolve this issue. (Special Thanks to Jurgen).

Have a great day.

Ecstasy,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether TO has been created for the posting change generated.

If not you can create the TOin LU04 transaction, after the creation, confirm the Transfer order.

Hope this will clear your neagtive stocks in 922 storage type.

Regards.

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

Thanks for your reply !

There is no open TO for this Posting change area. All the TOs have been confirmed. As per my understanding, they have created TO with incorrect source & dest. storage bin and confirmed it.. That is why it is still showing in negative stock.

Could you please let me know the steps to create TO. I mean what are the entries i need to enter while creating TO. We need to use LT01 or any other T-code to create TO and what should be the movement type etc.....

To nullify negative stock,  we need to have positive stock under same sloc and batch i.e. SP & 0861 but not in our case.

Is there any way to create TO where we can mention source  and destination sloc & batch separately. Then we can nullify the negative stock.

Thanks a ton  for your suggestion.

Rudresh