SAP for Professional Services Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and cultivate collaborative learning in group discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-GUI Login - 720

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have install new application server and install SAP GUI 720 and connected the system (on the same host) when I tried to the same application server from the other system i.e connected to the network but I am getting error,

ue Jul 24 12:06:39 2012

SiPeekPendConn: SiSelectInt timed out for sock 1324 (10000ms)

NiICheckPendConnection: connection of hdl 1 to10.20.25.8:3200 still in progress (10000)

NiIConnect: hdl 1 took local address 0.0.0.0:61643

NiIConnect: state of hdl 1 NI_CONN_WAIT

NiHLGetHostName: found address 10.20.25.8 in cache

NiIGetHostName: addr 10.20.25.8 = hostname 'insrv2012erp'

NiSrvLGetServName: found port number 3200 in cache

NiIGetServName: port 3200 = servicename 'sapdp00'

***LOG Q0I=> NiBufIConnect:

connection pending after 10000ms: connect (10035: WSAEWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable) [nibuf.cpp 4634]

* ERROR => NiBufIConnect: non-buffered connect pending after 10000ms (hdl 1;insrv2012erp:sapdp00) [nibuf.cpp    4645]

NiICloseHandle: called for hdl 1 while waiting for connection

NiICloseHandle: shutdown and close hdl 1/sock 1324

* ERROR => TmIConnect: NiConnect (rc=-10) [dpxxtm.c     934]

TM_LAYER TmConnect <<

TmErrSet: socket invalid (-1)Tue Jul 24 13:22:08 2012

NiICreateHandle: hdl 2 state NI_INITIAL_CON

NiIInitSocket: set default settings for new hdl 2/sock 1504 (I4; DG)

NiDgHdlCreate: state of hdl 2 NI_DG_UNCONNECTED

addrinfo of 'localhost':

0: 127.0.0.1:0 'AthenaIT-PC' <unknown socket type 0> (0-2-0-0-16)

NiHLGetNodeAddr: got hostname 'localhost' from operating system

NiIGetNodeAddr: hostname 'localhost' = addr 127.0.0.1

NiGetLoopbackAddr: return 127.0.0.1

NiDgHdlSendTo: hdl 2 sent 1 of 1 bytes to 127.0.0.1:0

NiICloseHandle: shutdown and close hdl 2/sock 1504

NiIExit: free nitab 06BF04C0

TmThrExit: free local resources

TmExit: free local resources

regards

jaypee

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Check port is opened in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi silambu!! please tell me which port is opened and where to find this port??

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

check the command in the command prompt

netstat -a -n

Check 3200 is opened or not

0 Kudos

hi thanks for the reply, under netstat -a the port or not displaying,  but I have included manually in windows dirctory service ( 3200\tcp)

Please suggest us!

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Now check the port and firewall is settings is enabled for that port and hope you have the start.html file in the installation folder and you set the sapgui logon pad entries as same as their specifications. If not check and correct the same.

Let me know if you are facing any issues.

0 Kudos

hi silambu,

firewall is disconnected, please tell me firewall should be disabled in server which SAP is running or in my local system ( SAP is connecting in server but not able to connect in the local system connected in the network)

0 Kudos

Hi sathish,

Since you are installed the loop back adapter you can't able to connect the system through.

Let me know if you required any queries and appreciate if it helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Simbu!! since this is on the net work,I have not install loop back adaptors.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

For that you need to do router setting.

Hope this document will helps to do that

http://documents.made-it.com/sap-int.html

Let me know if you have any queries.

0 Kudos

Hi silambarasan,

Thanks for the help and interest shown towards our request.

we have not installed SAP router yet!

shall we use NATT method for our settings.

Using NAT

If you use NAT (Network Address Translation) you are in for a couple surprises. This section is meant for those that will use NAT with SAP.

Next to NAT you can also do a redirect of the port. Say you redirect port 3099 to 3299 to fool an attacker. If you do this you should be VERY careful. Let me first write down a warning: NEVER do a redirect for RFC connections. Redirecting RFC (33##) connections breaks the RFC connection!

Okay, now we are off. We have to assume a couple of thing to prevent this document from becoming unreadable.

Assume the following settings for the SAP GUI (note we only use external IP addresses, so we never show the internals of our network).

Table 1. SAP GUI

Application Server123.456.789.123
Route string/H/123.456.789.123/S/3099
System nameTEST
System number00

and we should also define our hosts:

Thanks and regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I didn't come across NAT but when you go through the internet with the help of NAT, the users are facing some problems while using the same.

There are some restrictions too in NAT, ( which is found in GUI document )

! If you use the SAP message server for load balancing, it sends the IP addresses and TCP services of the available SAP server back to the GUI. These IP addresses are then used to connect to the most suitable server. This procedure makes it necessary for the frontend computers to be able to reach the application server with it’s original IP address. Therefore, the addresses of SAP server hosts must not be modified.

! In certain cases, due to the network topology, the frontend computer may not be able to establish a direct TCP/IP connection to the SAP server without Network Address Translation. In this case, you can use an SAProuter to establish the connection.

! Some network devices offer a port-mapping feature, i.e. they can forward an incoming connection on port A to another host on port B. Do not use this feature with any kind of SAP connections.

Hope you also got some info about the NAT from internet. Let me know if you have any queries.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simbhu

0 Kudos

hi silambhu,

Thanks for the reply, hope you taken utmost interest show towards our issue!

please suggest us which steps to be adopted or best suit to our requirements , your valuable reply and efforts are highly appreciable.

Regards

satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It is better to go for saprouter. The below link shows how to do the same in our system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/992dab446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Simbhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

i installed sap gui-login 720 .i new user and i created new entrance and

i wrote description: NSP local

application server: localhost

system number:00

system ıd:NSP

and i clicked log on

user:DDIC