cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document viewer does not display content in SAPGui 7.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I upgraded to SAPGui 7.30 recently and I noticed that I am not able to display PDF attachments (purchase orders, MM invoices...) to documents via document viewer.

I double click on the document and window appears, but content keeps loading and never really loads. Please see attached picture.

With 7.20 (nor with previous versions) I did not have issue with this.

I reinstalled 7.30, but without success. Do I have something wrong with default settings of the installation?

Thanks,

LS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello everyone,

thank you for all your posts. To be honest, issue is solved already, but I don't know what exactly solved it (it was couple months ago already). I simply tried again after longer time and it worked.

But I think it was something with Windows 7 and not SAPGui itself...

Best regards,

Lubos

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had issue opening attached PDF documents when we upgraded our SAP GUI from 710 to SAP GUI 730.

Now this issue is resolved.

During GUI 710 installation package change registry key in 'regedit' for SapWorkDir path. During 710 it was %USERPROFILE%SapWorkDir i.e when user downloads any data from SAP or open the attachments SAP uses this directory path default for downloads.

In new GUI 730 SAP installation package overwrites this registry key with some weird path like 'C:\windows\system32\localData... etc... for which user doesnt have authorization to access hence we are not able to open or download anything from SAP. this is not valid for SAP internal outputs which are not affected by this change.

To solve this issue we changed registry key value for SAPShared--> SAPWorkDir to %USERPROFILE%SAPWorkdir and issue solved now.

Hope this information is useful for you all.

Thanks,

Bharati

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lubomir,

Please check if this note helps to fix your issue Note 1502912 - Document will not be displayed in ECL viewer

Thanks

Thirumal

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

did you install the document viewer updates?

If you are using ECL viewer,what version and patchlevel is installed of the Ecl viewer?

Jude

0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

When I try to open any previously uploaded PDF file from transaction CLM3 or FB03, it opens PDF-Xchange viewer with blank page.

When clicked on highlighted link on PDF-Xchange viewer it opens 'Open File' window.

Same document opens fine with GUI 710.

Dont find any relevant Note for this error. All users in organization with new gui are facing this problem.

Thanks,

Bharati

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharati,

Does the issue occur with adobe reader installed?
Pdf-Xchange is not supported by SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi Lubomir,

Did you get solution for this system behaviour?

Even I am facing this issue with SAP GUI 730 viewing PDF document?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Bharati

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I did not have such problems.

Can you submit a ticket under BC-FES-GUI and provide an open connection with steps to

recreate the issue?

Jude