cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have copied a plant,the plant from which I have copied has two slocs, while this newly created plant needs only one sloc. I have deleting the one sloc, in sloc maintaince, but there is one message coming dpendent entries exists, What does this signify?

Can i go ahead and delete one sloc in this newly created plant? and maintain only one?

Help is appriciated.

regards

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you copy a plant from the reference, it copies a whole lot of data. The tables which are updated can be seen in SPRO > copy delete check plant. At the top click on Extras > Associated tables, you will get the complete list of tables which are updated.

Now, some of these tables contain the storage location dependent data. Which is exactly the system is referring to when you are trying to delete the storage location.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I have checked this and below is the list of tables:

T001L            Storage Locations

T313Y            ILN for SSCC Generation at Storage Location Level

T320A            WM: Storage Location Control

TNAD7            Output Control: Printer per Storage Location

TQ41             Storage locations for physical samples

TQ41T            Texts for storage locations

TVKOL            Picking: Storage Location Determination for Deliveries

TWLAD            Determination of Address from Plant and Storage Location

TWLOF            Storage location determination

As i dont need this Sloc for this newly created plant, is it safe to remove that sloc from this plant? there is no data at all for this new plant.

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can go ahead with the storage location deletion. There should not be any issues.

<removed by moderator>

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you see your storage location that you want remove in table T320A (or any other of the listed tables), then you have to delete those entries prior to the deletion of the storage location. It is not save to delete the storage location without having removed those entries first. you may get errors when you maintain other entries in those tables in future

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you already created material masters using this storage location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

No, i just have copied the plant and maintaining storage location for this new plant, which only need one sloc instead of two.

but due to copying there are two slocs.. no materials in sloc.

Thanks

Ravi