cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP HR support pack testing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just wanted to know how to get started on the support pack testing. I am brand new at it and  I have no clue about support packs. Could you walk me through

what they are?

what  is the role of a functional consultant in it?

How is Basis involved in it?

how is normally testing done especially for SAP PA/OM.

Thanks a bunch,

JEss..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica

This is a broad question - so my answer is also general in nature

Applying HRSPs (or sync HRSPs and CLCs) is essential to introduce new

functionality, fixes and legal changes for the SAP HR product 

For HRSP testing you are mostly testing and observing

1) The correct implementation of new legal changes for the country payrolls you are running

2) The impact of the HRSP on payroll in general for the country payrolls you run, specifically

i) Checking that any customizing still works with new changes to SAP standard code

ii) Checking that payroll still runs as expected in terms of latest SAP standard code

3) Impact of the HRSP on other core functionality like PA

4) Observing any changes in useae of HR functionality - new screens or new functionality

to ensure end users are informed and trained accordingly

Hope this helps provide a general overview

Thanks

Stuart

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all(Stuart, Remi & Silambharasan) ..that was very well explanatory ..I really appreciate your responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

what they are?

Normally support packs are released by the sap on frequest basis to the cutomer to provide update and also correction. simply support pack is a bunch of corrections. before proceeding to the updation the basis people will collect all the dependcies and also the level of the support pack. Normally customers are follow (n-1) way. that is newer release - 1.

How is Basis involved in it?

There is no need to worry about support package. All implemenation is taken care by basis in your team.All dependcy will taken care by themselves.

what  is the role of a functional consultant in it?

The part is over there. but initially they implement the support pack in DEV. Once you finished that you need to check the functional changes and other coutry payroll changes.Some new tax are implemented then we need to check that in DEV. Mostly importanly we already did some custom changes in HR with the help of ABAP team we need to check that also in DEV.

Simply you need to check the side effects of the implementation.

how is normally testing done especially for SAP PA/OM

we can't simply take too much time and also testing all in the landscape. we will test all the important functionality by providing some eg values to the input and calculate the output. So once we found the error we need to check notes in sap or else raise a oss message.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any queries.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Basis resource will download the Support Packages (or Stacks) into your DEV environment.  Some of these will be relevant for SAP ERP (Human Capital Management).

Your Basis resource can ask SAP for a "Side Effects Report", something that can help you to get an idea of what are the changes in the HRSP (Human Resources Support Packs).

Your Basis resource could also download the list of Notes included in these HRSPs.

The job of the Functional Consultant is to check that all Custom changes and Z programs still work, and to test all procedures that could have been impacted.  For example (in your DEV or QAT environment), hire an employee, enter some attendances and absences, process Time Evaluation, Payroll Calculation, Third Party Remittances and FI/CO Transfer, and check the results after each step to make sure that things work correctly.