cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Down in Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am trying to add drill down to my Crystal Report, I know this can be achieved by using Hyperlink but the button for drill down is disabled. How can I enable this achieve the drill down function. Please find attach file for your convince.

Faisal Baloch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close your thread by marking helpful/correct answer.

Thanks,

Kennedy

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy

The links are not serving the purpose

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The third link is explaining the drill down process.

You should define a group area and then by clicking the group area the detail area is opened in new window.

Yossi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal........

Please check the below explanation.......

The Report Part Drilldown option

The Report Part Drilldown option does not affect the DHTML page viewers since the option emulates the default Crystal Reports behavior for drill down (which the page viewers already support). Page viewers, however, do not limit which objects are displayed—they always show all report objects.

Note: Use the Report Part Drilldown option only to navigate between objects in the same report.

Because the Report Part Viewer shows only destination objects, you must define Initial Report Part Settings (that is, a default home object) for a report before your Report Part Drilldown hyperlinks can work. A report's Initial Report Part Settings define the object that appears first in the Report Part Viewer. Think of this object as the place you'll begin your path of drill-down hyperlinks from.

To define Initial Report Part Settings

1. Right-click the object you want to set as the default home object and select Copy from its shortcut ...

2. On the File menu, click Report Options.

3. In the Initial Report Part Settings area of the Report Options dialog box, click Paste Link.

The program pastes the name and data context of the report object you selected as your home object i...

Tip: For more information about data contexts, see Data context formats.

Include another object from the same section of the report by entering a semi-colon (;) and typing the name of the object.

4. Click OK.

To create a Report Part Drilldown hyperlink