cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different GL accounts for Maintenance Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where the goods issue(mvt 261) against MO should be posted to different GL accounts depending upon the MO.

Example if maintenace order type is MO1, goods issue should post to GL A/c 12345,

if maintenace order type is MO2, goods issue should post to GL A/c 56789.

Scenario is:

There are some machines installed by some other company in our plant. We need to know what is the maintenance cost we are bearing on these machines. 

We have to reflect this separately in our books. Many materials/spare parts are same what we use in our machines and what we use in other company machines.

We want to bifurcate this cost.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your query has been resolved, please close the thread by mentioning the correct solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two possible solutions:

1) Manipulation of Consumption GL account during GI to the Order. This should be possible using FI substitution rules. Please talk to your FI expert.

2) If the ultimate objective is to segregate costs at GL level only, then the solution suggested by Maheshwaran should work. To add to it, if you decide to settle order to GL different GL accounts. You should be able to control settlement based on Order type by implementing enhancement to determin settlement rule using order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of posting only goods movements, make this way.

I hope you have the equipment master separately for each customer's or other party's equipments. Keep different cost centers for different parties. Settle the order cost to those cost centers.

As you are consuming your own stock for all kind of maintenance, you no need to segregate in that stage, then you may leave internal activities & other cost related stuff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot have different cost centres due to organizational reasons.

I cannot share you the much details due to confidentiality of the process. We have legal binding to show the cost that we are maintaining and upkeeping this machines.

That is why when I do goods issue to say MO2, it should debit the GL 56789. We want to keep separate GL A/c for these purposes.

System uses mvt 261 for goods issue for MO. If we create another Z- Movement type Z61 that is having OBYC Settings of different GL A/c for mvt Z61. the question is how a MO know that I have to pick this Z61 MVT.

We have many spares that are common to our machines and the machines provided by govt. Therefore we need to separate out this, when we do goods issues against MO.

I could not understand what you meant, please elaborate

"

As you are consuming your own stock for all kind of maintenance, you no need to segregate in that stage, then you may leave internal activities & other cost related stuff."

I have to meet the requirement, you can please suggest us the way, some workaround or user exit or enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IMG,

Plant Maintenance & Customer Service - Maintenance & Service Processing - Maintenance & Service Orders - Functions & Settings - Goods movements for order - Movement types for order - Maintain movement types for orders

There you can maintain different (Z61) movement type for your order type.

------------------------------

You are talking about only goods movements as you are posting to different G/L account. What about other costs like labor, service or overheads.

I understand that you want to keep the information confidential. But I want to give complete picture of the scenario. If you don't look at the labor part, you can go with the different movement type technique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find in spro--> the settings Movement types for order - Maintain movement types for orders

I have the following in spro in ECC6.0, ehp5,

You are right. I have to post labor, service, overheads cost as well to the same GL account what we are using for the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your basis team to check or check yourself (if you have autuorisation) in SFW5 for the business function DIMP_SDUD. It should be activated in your client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find DIMP_SDUD in SFW5. We are in ECC6.0 Ehp 5.

On further exploring in google, what I have understood is this BF is for industry solution for discrete manufacturing) that consist of IS-Auto, Aerospace & Defence, and Mills. Refer below link:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10966

I think if we are able to somehow activate this BF, I think it will be violation of license agreement as we are not using any of the IS solution.

Your thougths

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even you have license for some business functions, it won't be activated automatically. Whatever we want we can activate later. While activating, you will come to know about the license whether its valid or not.

So please check with your basis people & come back to us.

As G/L account mapping to movement type only is not enough, go for settlement rule with G/L account. That will be the right solution for this scenario.

Creating z movement type will capture only material cost.

Whereas Going for settlement rule with G/L account will capture all costs which includes material, labor & overheads, if any.

So go for settlement profile solution.

Also don't be panic to activate the business function.

Go through the below links. Its avaiable in ECC 6.0. It will never be activated by default. You have to do if you want any functionality in that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/1c/27a042890a0a31e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/message/10978344

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=874471

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

I am planning to activate DIMP_SDUD for the same requirement mention in this discussion. I am looking for the negative impact once we activate the BF.

1. Once we activate DIMP add on whether we can activate other industries solution such Oil and Gas etc.

2. Whether we can deactivate whenever we want to reverse?

3. Is there any impact or changes in the Std ECC transaction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Paonam

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paonam

You should not hijack an old post - its against the forum rules.

Instead you should create a new post and refer/link to any useful data.

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to your FICO and MM teams - they should be able to help.

Also have a look at the order costing sheets (order Control tab).

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we create another mvt Z61 and assign a separate GL account, how system will determine this MVT when I do goods issue against MO.

Can we do this way, in IW31 in settlement rule instead of cost centre account assignment category we give this separate GL A/c  for the settlement receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can give separate G/L account as settlement receiver