cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the path that we give in general settings for attachments.

Once we have defined the attachment path, if we attach any document or pdf to any marketing document, its shows the path where the file has been attached.

Scenario:

Say, there be a need to change the attachment folder at some point in time, and if we update the path in general settings, for the documents (old), the path displayed is till the old one. I know updating is not an option here but how to get the new path in all the documents?

Thanks,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

You may try DTW to update the ATC1 field.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos

Greetings,

We have found ourselves in the same predicament.

When trying to update ATC1 Target Path field I see that it is not a mappable field from DTW. 

Does this mean it is intentionally disallowed via DTW method?

Thanks,

Richard

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Log a message with SAP support, they will do a Webex to update the paths for you. I did one last night, took all of 8 minutes!

jb_bryant
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP support just told me this isn't possible. Hopefully your comment will help push them to provide support to us with this.

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 9.1 you can update the path in the application and choose to update all paths. This will be why they no longer provide the Webex option

jb_bryant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yeah I know you can in 9.1. This customer hasn't upgraded yet. We're in testing for 9.1. But this thread did help. They gave me a corrective query.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to change your attachments path from Eg: C: to 😧

you must copy the entire b1_shr folder...

1.Remove the b1_shr Sharing first from C:

2.Copy and paste the b1_shr from C: to 😧

3.Now Share the 😧 B1 Share Folder

SAP Automatically pick that path for all(Attachments,word,excel.. etc)

Because by default SAP Mapping the folder name only(Its not specific the drive) see the below path

\\Server\b1_shr\Attachments\

If you want to change attachments only means not possible...

Regards,

Sudhir B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I know this, I wanted to know if there is a way to update the old documents with the new path?

Thanks,

Joseph

former_member184718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

There is no way to update the old documents with the new path.

The thing is if you change the Attachments folder and the old location is not available for any reason, then you can't reach older attachments anymore, because the path is "hard coded" in a record.

You could UPDATE the ATC1 table in seconds and fix the problem, but you are not allowed as the updating ATC1 table won't affect the record in the marketing document.

Now have a look at the Picture folder. In this case, images are copied to this path, but the path is not kept with the image name. So if you change that folder and copies the images from the previous folder to the new one, it still works.

Regards,

Hari