cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomcat unable to start error '' ''The system cannot find the file specified''

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I installed BO XI 3.1, During process of installation I was unable to move the installation step (tomcat application)

it was showing a default path When I clicked next I got error '' path cannot identified'' again

I click next it skipped and It went through the end of installation. After installation when I checked the CCM

I found tomcat status is off I tried to start it shows error ''The system cannot find the file specified''

I checked the properties it shows \\ERPBO\D$\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Tomcat55\bin\tomcat5.exe" //RS//BOE120Tomcat

But when I Crossed check in D the path is not available.

Would like to know what is the workaround I have to do to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why does it show path in properties like this : \\ERPBO\D$\Program Files...?

were you installng remotely somehow ?

Which path was it showing in the install window that you skipped ?

p.s.

best practice is to use simple path with no spaces or special characters in it, like d:\xi31

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path is designed to be displayed that way in the CCM. My best guess is that because you can use the CCM remotely, you need the "path" to be in UNC format so you could trigger the service start-up even if not on the local machine running the service.

As to the current "wrong" path, the questions and possible solutions in order:

1- Define where BO is currently installed. I guess it's a remain of a previous install.

2- Find the correct path to Tomcat

3- Correct the path in the CCM (When Tomcat is stopped, you can change it)

4- Go to services.msc (the Windows Services console) and confirm the path is updated correctly

5- If the path is still not correct, you can go to the registry HKLM > System > Current Control Set > Services > BOE120Tomcat and EXPORT THE REGISTRY KEYS FOR BACKUP before checking in there if you can change the path manually to the correct one.

6- Review it has been updated in the services.msc and CCM. If not, reboot the system.

Restart it and confirm it works. If not, rollback step 5

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mohammed fasiur rahman

Please check the installation files are not corrupt. if the  file in the given path is available then it should pick up the file.