cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD05 block customer for only the new transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I came across with the requirement to block the customer (either in FD05 or XD05) at company code level to prevent the user to post the new transaction to the customer, however, for the open item of that particular customer the posting to clear those open item are allow.

The background is that we have the customer duplication and in the process of cleasing the customer.  We need to block the duplicated one, however, those duplicate customer do have the open item, hence if we FD05 the system will not allow any posting to the customer. Am looking for the workaround solution on this. Have you guys came across the same requirement?  Kindly share yours.. what I currently advise the user is to block/unblock on demand i.e. we block all  duplicate customers (no matter they have an outstanding), later when their is the requirement to post through those duplicate account (i.e. customer payment), the data center user will need to unblock the customer and later block it.  This is yet a good solution.   Can you guys share yours? Thank you.

Thanks in advance,

Rujira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishna_ailanani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Two Options are available

1) Block the customer, when ever you want to post for clearing, unblock temporary and clear the open item and block immediately

2) Transfer all the line item from duplicate account to correct account, so the balance in duplicate account will become Zero, then you can block the duplicate account.

Thanks and Regards

A.Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

will you please help me in creating a duplicate customer account so that i can transfer all my transaction to that account.

Thanks in anticipation

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are requested to open new customer and transfer balances through transfer balances by posting transaction code F-30 or F-04 depending upon the authorization and then clear old customer through F-32.

Regards,

Tejas.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

explore validation on document type level and customer number.

e.g. KUNNR ----XXXXXXX

BLART <=>DR, RV

Rgds