cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Texts in Info Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to enter the PO text in " Purchase Order  Text" in info record. It is in greyed out.

I able to only enter the text in "Info Memo" in info record.

In PO print only the purchase order text get printed not the Info record memo. As per below note, no new text id can be created for info record

Note 33585 - Text type maintenance: Item texts for info record

My issue is I buy one material from several vendors. Have one material master record. For every vendor there are special instructions for the same material which differs from vendor to vendor. Hence I cannot maintain in Material master those texts either in Basic data texts or in purchase order text tab in material master. These instructions are required to be printed in PO for each vendor.

The other option I thought was to maintain these texts in PIR. But in PIR , " Purchase Order  Text" is greyed out, info memo cannot be printed and other restriction is as per sap note where new texts cannot be created.

Can anybody suggest what is the way out? Can  Purchase Order  Text in PIR can be set to user entry where I can enter and type my own texts?

I have checked all the configure but could not find any way out.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can customize,  how your PO Text is copied from the info records in the following path:

SPRO --> IMG --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchasing Info Record --> Text for Purchasing Info Records --> Define Copying Rules

Here as shown below you can choose any one of the options to have the data fetched to your PO:

Let me know if this solves your issue.

/Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

My issue is not that the po text from info record are not getting copied.

I have to maintain different PO text vendor wise in info record which I am not able to maintain as this is greyed out in PIR.

If you can revisit my question I have detailed my issue and requirement

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does your screen look like the screenshot from Manoj? or is eventually the entry for PO text missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

My screen is same as Manoj. Find below:

My issue is when I click text in PIR, system takes me to text screen. In the text screen, the PO text is greyed out and I am not able to mainatain text.

In Info memo text I can maintain text. If the text are maintained here, it cannot be printed in PO though Info memo text is getting copied in PO.

My issue is I have to maintain PO text vendor specific in PIR. for every vendor for the same material the po text is different hence cannot maintain in material.

Was thinking to use PIR where I can maintain text as per vendor.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following in that case then:

Goto SPRO --> IMG --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchasing Info Record --> Define Screen Layout

There Choose the Layout for ME11/ME12 and check the screen level settings for Texts, if the Texts as shown below is marked as Display then the system will not allow you to change the details in the PIR while using create or change transactions.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

/Manoj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked the field selection for info records, maybe the texts is made display only.

are you having Business Function LOG_MMFI_P2P active?

what editor do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Field selection is not in display mode. It is optional in ME11/ME12.

Yes, Business Function LOG_MMFI_P2P active is active

I am enclosing screen shot from ME11--text screen. You will see Info memo I can type and maintain bout PO text is in display mode.

Which editor I should use? Is it due to that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the screen shot of ME11 from other client where Business Function LOG_MMFI_P2P is not active. I can enter PO text in ME11 in my other client

DO you mean this is due this business function activation which has resulted into po text getting greyed out.  How to resolve this

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search for SAP notes, I had seen one yesterday with a program fix  and some explanation regarding this business function and info record text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

I searched service.sap.com by search term LOG_MMFI_P2P and found below mentioned note that relates to ME11/ME12 texts issues after activation of LOG_MMFI_P2P. But I could not find anything that specifically speaks about po text issue in ME11/ME12.

SAP Note 1706123 - ME12: long text maintenance not possible

SAP Note 1740917 - ME12: Text is editable although formatting exist

SAP Note 1528777 - ME11/ME12: some errors in new text editor

Shall I apply these notes?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, these are the notes that I had seen. Implementation of the notes will usually not harm your system. you get them anyway when you upgrade and add hotpackages.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how does your text customizing look?

check in OLME > info records > info record texts > copy rules....