Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When open the Eclipse has an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

After i finish the installation and open the Eclipse, I have met an error like below:

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. This might be caused by missing Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010. Consult the installation guide or download page for further details on how to install this component.

Error getting the version of the native layer: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\TONY\eclipse-SDK-3.7.2-win32-x86_64\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\316\1\.cp\lib\sapjco3.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Does anyone tell me why?(Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010  have already installed in the system or anyboby could give me the link to down the

Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2010 SP1 (x86) ).

Thanks and best regards,

Tony

22 REPLIES 22

0 Kudos

Dear Tony,

This(Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010)  is installed when you install new version of SAP GUI for Windows (patch level 10 or higher). Otherwise, install it separately from the Microsoft installation page. You can find it easily on searching in their site for "Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010 download".

Please note that you need SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 patch level 9, or higher installed on your local drive for working with ADT. If this is not the case, install the SAP GUI first from the SAP Software Download Center on the SAP Service Marketplace. (Do not use a SAP GUI version lower than7.20)

Please refer to the SAP note with installation instructions for ADT including prerequisites for detailed instructions on installation: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1718399

Best Regards,

Dinu

This is correct. I resolved the error highlighted in the question by downloading GUI patch level 12 from SAP service market place. Thanks.

Regards,

Kumud

This is the correct solution.

Because, I faced the similar error as shown below:

missing-dll-error.png

As the error reads, I googled for the missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x64) DLLs, and found the same in the MS support website. I downloaded the package, executed and installed the same.

Initially, I ignored the error message and proceeded with the next steps to create my first ABAP Cloud project in Eclipse. Obviously, I landed up in the logging issue later on due to the missing DLLs. So, installing the same resolved the logging issues eventually.

Thanks to the contributors for their valueable inputs.

0 Kudos

Thanks. It worked for me as well

former_member201346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

the DLL is x86 (as described in the installation guide) while the path of your Eclipse folder states ..._64...

The recommended platform is the 32Bit Eclipse version running with a 32Bit Java Runtime.

Best Regards

Felix

sushant_nath2
Participant
0 Kudos

I also resolved the error using the same procedure.

Regards,

Sushant

former_member192763
Participant
0 Kudos

I have installed Eclipse Kepler and ADT 2.4, 64 bit versions,  but I get the VS2010.dll error, despite the fact that the DLL is reported as installed.Is it true that Eclipse/JRE in 64bit versions aren't supported by ADT?

I have found only issues about SNC, but this is not my case.

Thanks

0 Kudos

By now, the only solution was to use 32 bit Eclipse Kepler

0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

it should be possible to run ADT (2.24?) inside of a 64 Bit Eclipse.

I'm not completely sure about the libraries comming with the SAP GUI.

Can you please check if the 64 Bit Version of the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable" is available on your machine?

Regards, Felix

PS: I'm using our tools in a 64Bit Eclipse.

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I can confirm this.

64 bit works fine for me.

Of course then everything has to be 64bit (JRE, VS Redist, Windows ...)

Best regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hello Massimo,

try to delete the sapjco3 files on your local machine and check if it works.

Regards,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAPUI5 and I Learning SAPUI5. I Installed eclipse kepler in my Windows 10 Pc and configure all the requirements, But I'm facing same error but in my pc I have VS Redist 2015 edition and also I cannot Install lower version of VS Redist. Please help

Message was edited by: Martin Steinberg I would ask you to post your question inside the SAPUI5 related forum with a bit more information (error messages). Another question from my side is why you go for Eclipse Kepler - this is a very old release. I would suggest to use Eclipse Luna or best Eclipse Mars. Thx Martin

0 Kudos

Eclipse Mars works fine on Windows 10.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin and Dominik,

Thanks for your information and let me try Eclipse Mars.

Please let me know any site for learning SAPUI5?

Regards, MohanRaj

0 Kudos

Hi,

best place to start is sapui5.hana.ondemand.com. Check the walktrough examples and developing apps section. For newbies there is a section about the concept also. You can get access to SAP WebIDE for free for learning and prototyping purposes at account.hanatrial.ondemand.com.

Best regards

Attila

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your information for studing of SAPUI5 and Eclipse Mars work fine in Windows 10 64bit

Thanks all

0 Kudos

Could you please tell me how you managed it to work fine on Windows 10? Eclipse Mars is ultra slow on Windows 10 when using SAPUI5.....

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

I faced the similar issue . I tried both Luna and Lastest Mars.

I tried to check for the recent version of SAP Java connector under this link https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/connectors 

However, this component is deprecated . So I deleted the sapjco3.dll and other sapjco3 files on my local machine . Now the issue is fixed . I can work with ADT .

Please create a backup somewhere before you delete these files .

Regards,

Rekha

0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

please note that the JCo dll should never be placed into the Windows\System32 directory -

see the JCo installation manual.

Best regards,

Marco

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

The file has not been placed manually. The installed ADT might have placed under this folder.

Can you please share link to JCo installation guide ?

Regards,

Rekha

0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

if ADT had placed it there, then the JCo dll would have had the right version! 

The JCo installation guide is contained in the JCo installation archive.

You can get the installation archive from service.sap.com, inside you will find javadoc/installation.html, and there it is:

"Note: Do not copy the sapjco3.dll neither into the {windows-dir}\system32 nor into the {windows-dir}\SysWOW64 directory. This will break the operability of other JCo versions that are already installed on the same system. Furthermore you would risk that the current installation also would not work anymore, if the sapjco3.dll gets replaced in the respective Windows system directory in the future."

Best regards,

Marco

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

I found one more sapjco3.dll under after ADT installation.

This is the right place .

However, I have not placed the file manually placed it under system32.

It might have been already present before I installed ADT .

What are the different SAP installations ( example : NW business client )  that install sapjco3 on local machine , Any idea ?