cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent changes in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read Dolores's blog and found out (chapter #15) and found out that urgent changes that have been imported to QA will be imported to PROD with the whole project even though these are still in testing:

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu...

Does anyone has a solution to this "normal" behavior? Maybe even with development?

I don't want to create a project/ maintenance cycle for urgent changes only.

Thank you,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

this is solvable starting SP5 via 'Status driven Import' where you can define for transaction types at which status in which system will be transported,

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you.

Can you please refer me to some reading material regarding this new functionality?

Thank you,

Adi

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe start in the IMG...

I found something in the online docu, too...

maybe check out the note mentioned...

Hope that helps,

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.I appreciate it 🙂

Adi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using the same maintenance project, but the problem is that if I have an urgent change that is assigned to the project and is still in testing (status: to be tested + the original transport has been released and imported to QA), when I will change the project's phase to Go Live and import the changes to PROD, the urgent change that is still in testing will go to production too.

This is a standard TMS behavior that I'm trying to bypass....

Thanks,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Not able to stop the TR movement while you importing the TR in PRD.

Because it take all the TR in project cycle and start importing.

So if you have TR in urgent and waiting for testing or approval, but added to PRD buffer after TR import in QAS.

After Normal chaneg TR scedule , all TR in project cycle start import.(urgent change TR also).

As i know, try to delete the TR in Stms queue and import the normal change TR . after import add the urgent changeTR in buffer.

other wise, create the new project for urgent and normal change.

Rg,

Karthik