cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Load From Source System To SPM Data Targets (Direct Update DSO's)

former_member243717
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Am totally new to SPM and need a documentation on how to load data from ECC 6.0 to SPM 3.0 Data Targets (Direct Update DSO's).  I have read lot's of documentations on SPM but cannot find exact step by step on data load from source to target.  Also, how can you tell if the Data Extractor Starter Kit is installed and I searched for SPM datasources in ECC and BW without any luck.  I would appreciate any prompt response as this is very urgent.

Regards,

Recca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recca,

First check if the transports in the note 1239883 have been imported into your ECC system then check the transaction  Z_SA_DEPD for ex there you can see the project and the objects to generate the data sources. This will give answer to your question how to identify the Extractor kit is installed.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

former_member243717
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amarnath,

Thanks for your answer.  The note has already been installed but there is no project nor objects when you go to Z_SA_DEPD.  Is there any other way to load data to the Inbound DSO's without generating these datasources in Z_SA_DEPD?

Thanks,

Recca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recca,

The below are the two methods.

Data Loading in SAP SPM

SPM data management tool is a

mechanism of loading data into SPM. You can follow the below data management methods.

1. Reading Data:

• Flat Files: Data is read from specified folders and then it is converted to a structured format
  • Data Sources: Data Load is triggered from info package (which does a pull from the source system) and then the data is read from PSA, package by package
  • Field Concatenations: Source System and others (specified in OPMDM_TYPES and OPMDM_TYPES_KEY)
  • Currency and Unit Conversions: For Global Currency and Global Unit (per product).
  • Raw, Classified data processing: Uploading specific columns based on whether it is raw load or enriched load
  2. Processing Data:    3. Writing Data: 

• Write Mechanism: BW APIs to write into DSOs or Masterdata infoobjects
  • Data Targets: Based on the type of upload (OPMDM_TYPES), the tool writes the data into either the raw or the cleansed data targets.

Thank you

Best regards,

amarnath

former_member243717
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Your answers are helpful but am actually looking for the step by step or just how to get data to the inbound DSO's.  This is someone coming from using the standard DSO (3 tables) to Direct DSO (One table).  For example, we all know from using the standard datasources the steps needed to get data loaded to the target:

- identify the datasource in  RSA5 and activate

- Veify the datasource in RSA6

- Check RSA3 to make sure data is coming correctly

- Replicate the datasource to BW envinronment

- Create Infopackage

- Create Transformation

- Create DTP

- Load data to the target

My question is:

1.  Beside configuring and generating the datasource in  Z_SA_DEPD

2.  Beside using a flat file load

Is there any other way you can get data from the SPM tables to the Inbound DSO's  or may be my question sould be "What is the step by step load procedure for Direct Update DSO"?

Thanks,

Recca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recca,

Once you generate the data sources in Z_SA_DEPD you have to replicate those data sources in BI system and create info packages (which will be full) for all generated data sources. When you trigger the load from SPM UI the SPM data management tool will take care of loading the data into inbound layer. When you trigger the load from UI the process chains will run and load the data to inbound layer for ex Direct update (will happen through API programming) as part of delivered content.

There are two way one is you can use as it is the Direct access DSO or you can make these DSOs as standard (in this case the customization will be a little bit more)

Hope you got now an idea on how this will get loaded.

Thank you

Best regards,

amar

former_member243717
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amarnath,

That is exactly what am looking for.  I have read that you can turm the Direct Update DSO to Standard DSO  in SPM 2.0.......not sure if this is applicable to SPM 3.0 but you still need to configure the objects under the project, generate the datasource and replicate to BW system before you can load the SPM data.  Good information.

I awarded points.

Regards,

Recca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As the steps in the SPM documentation says, I have:

1. Generated the Data Sources in ECC and replicated the same in BW

2. Created entries into OPM_SOURCES table.

I am now trying to load data into Direct Update DSO and then trigger Process Chains to make the data available for reporting in the cube. I am new to SPM and there is no documentation as to " How to load data through SPM UI". All the posts on this forum say SPM UI-->Data Adminstration-->Schedule/Start Now are the steps. But When I go to the Data Administration Tab, All the fields in Global Settings, Projects and everything is blank. There are no source systems that come in the drop down or anything else.

Can someone please give me a step by step as to what is to be done in SPM UI so that data gets picked up from the Data Sources in BW and lad to Direct Update DSO's and then all the way to the cubes.

It is urgent and appreciate a quick response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree Rama,

You have to do some configuration before you do this activity.

Configure the Export import folders

Maintain the Global settings in UI (RSXAADMIN will also work)

Maintain the Upload Types

Create the System and Save the settings.

Give the Delimiter details as well

Once you setup this you need to maintain the entries in OPM_SOURCES so that these extractors will reflect in UI then you can schedule those to load the data.  You just need to schedule the extractors from UI then it'll get loaded till reporting layer automatically then monitor for any errors.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I am at a point where in when I log into UI,

1. Clock keeps going for ever and does not stop.

2. I can see the entries in RSXAADMIN but not in UI.  - These were entries that were created by me before Basis did some additional installs per note.

3. Any entries that I am making in Global Settings are not getting saved.

4. Right now the clock keeps on on and on and I am not able to do anything.

If any of you had similar issues, it would help if you can share the fix.

FYI: Web Dispatcher, API and all web services are up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The clock would normally keep spinning if you do not have the relevant authorizations. Check if you have all the necessary roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree Rama,

Point3: We have also faced this issue and missed some configuration. You need to do the Data management webservice setup basically OPM_DM_X_API binding and reverse proxy setup need to be done for this. Please perform the activities as mentioned in the configuration guide section 3.3.6 to achieve this.

If you are in version 2.1 then you can follow the below steps mentioned for the issues below.

1. Can not save the folder location under data Management-->Global settings. 
  2. Can not see the source system listed. 
  3. The cursor stays as a clock.

Steps:

• Open your enterprise portal in a web browser. 
  • Click on the System Administration tab. 
  • Click on the System Configuration menu item. 
  • Expand Portal Content. 
  • Find the system that contains the alias . 2.1 = ANALYTICS_OPM 3.0 = BUI_ANALYTICS_SPM  
  • Open the system to the Object page. 
  • Find the Web Application Server (Web AS) section. 
  • Open a SAP Gui window and login to your WAS server. 
  • Execute transaction code SMICM. 
  • Click the Services button or press the Shift + F1 keys. 
  • Check that your Web AS Host Name portal configuration matches the HTTP(S) Host Name and Port in SMICM.

You can check the note 1638869 for the same issue for more information.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Z_SA_DEPD not working amarnath. Can u pls tell me how to install SPM datasources in ECC and replicate to BI.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You need to look at note 1239883 for the extractor starter kit. attached to that note is the extractor starter kit and included with that is the transaction. You can choose the ESK for SPM 2.1 or SPM 3.0 depending on which version of SPM you're installing.

read the documentation in the note for the basics on how to use these extractors and generate the extractors. test them in RSA3, then use transaction RSDS to replicate into BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). All the objects are in active status in BW. But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI to initiate the data loads?

Please suggest. We are struggling !!!

Thanks,

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath/Recca,

I have installed and activated all the ds in ECC and activated the SPM objects in BI. I have replicated the DS's and maintained the entries in OPM_TYPES table. can u pls let me know if I have to maintain any other settings and any other entries. What is the source system do we need to add in the SPM UI. do we need to add ECC source system details, export folder, import folder etc. Please send me the screenshot or any settings. I am unable to start the data load from SPM UI to get the data till PSA in SAP BI ( for SPM datasources).

Thanks,

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

We stuck up with data loading for SPM till targets. for instance, we have triggered the infopackage for DS namely Z_SADSZERPPO and request is loaded till PSA. but after that it is not updating to further targets when scheduling them from SAP UI. so tried with other way around scheduling process chain relevant to PO DS namely 0ASA_P043. but it brings zero records which is not clear me how to proceed further to update the data into targets for reporting purpose..

If you don't mind, can I have your contact details to get your inputs here.

Regards,

Ramesh -8105011022

Answers (0)