cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABT1N - Intercompany Asset Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to transfer an asset from Company 1 to Company 2. (inter company transfer)

I am using ABT1N transaction with Transfer Variant '1' (Gross Method)

Specification for revenue - Rev from NBV - 01 (Book Depreciation)

Interco. transfer to New Asset

Simulation:

Co Code 1: Cr Asset, Cr Accu. Depreciation, Cr Asset Sale Clearing Inter Company

Co Code 2: Dr Asset, Dr Accu. Depreciation, Dr Asset Sale Clearing Inter Company

When trying to post this, get this error

Entry or carryforward transaction type missing for transaction type 225

Message no. GI256

This particular asset is carrying acquisition & depreciation values from past year (can be seen in AW01N). This seems to be reason behind the error.

In transfer variant, transaction type for retirement is 230, for acquisition is 153.

Could not see Transaction Type 225 in asset config anywhere.

For other assets/scenarios, transfer is happening.

Any clues? Its bit urgent

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the incidence described by you, error message GI256:
"Entry or carryforward transaction type missing for transaction type &"

Within transaction OCBO check if the there is an assigment made for the used asset transaction type to a consolidation transaction type.

This is happening since the master data entry in table T856 does not contain a defined carry forward transaction type (field T856-TTCFO). Due to the missing assignment in table T856-TTCFO the corresponding total records are not carried forward. In order to resolve the problem please assign a carry forward transaction type in T856 for transaction type TON, OSD, 411 and so on.
Afterwards you can re-run the balance carry forward to correct the carry forward balances.

Please check note  99035 for more clarification.

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bernhard for the insight. It is indeed very helpful.

There are two directions in this issue now.

1. I could see a substitution set up (OBBH) which checks for T-code ABT1N, GL belonging to Acc. dep. & transaction type 125 (this is consolidated TType in my case). For this combination, substitute is TType 225.

This is causing issue as this entry is not maintained in T856.

2.In T856 also, TTCFO is assigned to TType 220,230 etc. as 200. I am asking business to provide me relevance of 225 TType. They are using movement types in business consolidation (BI) to track asset activities. There also Carry forward movement type is 200.

By the way, what kind of transaction type are TON, OSD etc. that you mentioned in the response?

Also, do we directly update T856 table or, is there any t-code to update the records?

Thanks a lot, I will post the final outcome on the forum

Regards

Answers (0)