Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a XSD file?

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to syndicate records from MDM to GDS MDM. For this I want to create a XSD file for the syndication mapping. Please let me know how to create a XSD for syndication? When I had given a search in SDN there are options to generate the XSD file with the help of Java Plugin. Please see that I have only the MDM application components installed in my machine. I am not able to understand the way which has been explained with the use of Plugins in SDN. It is quite urgent. Please help!

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

As per your requirement, you can generate XSD file or XML schema by using the step by step guide in the below link:

Unfortunately there is no direct method in MDM.But once you have NW CE system and Java jar files ,the process to generate XSD will be very easy.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c065c565-60a4-2c10-8d95-af250ca89...

But still if you do not want to use NW CE , then you can use XomLite or Altovaspy software.

So i would suggest if you have SAP ECC system then create customize Message Type (IDOC Type) and Create XML Schema and convert this XML Schema in to XSD through XI, SAP Studio, Xomlite

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Satyam Rastogi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Satyam and Ankush. I have one more doubt, If I want to create a XSD which structure should I consider the most? The structure of the table in MDM or the structure in GDS in my case? Also please tell me is it possible to create the XSD by only using the softwares that you have mentioned since my system which is built in client network doesn't allow me to install the new softwares also I don't have NW CE installed in my machine. Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently you need to consider destination structure as this is what you are concerned with.

Since XSD will populate Destination fields, so you need to take GDS structure in consideration.

If you do not want to install softwares, then you can ask your XI team to prepare XSD as per your requirement. But you will have to do thorough analysis so that you could include all repeatable nodes, required nodes etc in your XSD file. But you can ask your client administrator to install software on your system so that you can generate schema easily. Let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well ,as told by Ankush , i too think that you should consider the destination structure which is GDS in your case rather than MDM structure.

As per your query, it is possible to create a XSD file through those softwares ,but you need to have it in your system.for which you can ask your client administrator to install it.

I hope it helps you

Regards,

Satyam Rastogi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thami,

SAP generally provides Standard XSD Schema files which you can utilize/change as per your requirement. Also SAP provides SAP studio for generating XSDs.

You can also check below links which provide various softwares(XOMlite, Altovaspy software) or methods to generate XSD for MDM repositories:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1763551

http://scn.sap.com/message/9245229#9245229

I hope this helps you. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj