cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get fee structure & apply for certification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with a SAP implementation partner as an ABAPer. I'm interested in doing the below certification

SAP Certified Development Associate - ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0

• C_TAW12_70

I understood from my colleagues that I can apply for the certification by getting a consent letter from my employer.

I want to know the fees details & procedure to apply for the exam. One of my colleague contacted someone in SAP india and applied for the exam by filling out forms send by them and by other details required.

Please guide me through this...I'm located at chennai, India.

Thanks,

Rajan U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajan,

One of my colleague have recently inquired the same with sap and given below is the reply received from SAP.

Please find it below.

Please note that this is only for your ready reference and request you to inquire with SAP in case if any criteria or fees structure etc. are changed / updated.

Regards

Chirag

To appear for certification without attending any SAP course you need to fulfill the following criteria:

1 To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience or 2 years of Support experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

To appear for Professional level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum to 3 - 7 years of SAPImplementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

2 The last 1 year should be with your present employer

3 Your present employer should be a CUSTOMER or PARTNER of SAP India Pvt Ltd

If you fulfill the above criteria please send your updated project profile as per the attached format for evaluation. On establishing your eligibility SAP will guide you through the process of registration.

Please send in your profile once you are ready to appear for the certification as the certification approval mail is Valid for 2 MONTHS only & you are requested to complete your certification within the given timeframe.

Evaluation of profile will take minimum 3 - 7 working days.

Please visit the webpage https://training.sap.com/ for available certification details.

Please note no assistance with regard to study material/questionnaire is provided for direct certification. Study material is offered only with training and not as a standalone component.

Certification fee for Associate level will be INR 39326/- and for professional level the fee will be INR 56180/- inclusive of current taxes applicable. Please note the price is subject to change as per SAP policy in a timely manner.

Important Note:

Clarifications required by SAP on the profile should be adhered to without which evaluation will not be done.

Please update your profiles at the first instance. If SAP does NOT approve the profile on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information, you will not be allowed to update your profiles or re-apply for direct certification for the next 6 months.

Once profile is approved, the same will not be re-validated. Re-validation of profile will take please once in six months.

Certification dates are not pre-scheduled & will be shared only on approval on receipt of documents for registration. If your profile is approved for direct certification, documents required for registration will be shared on the same approval mail.

Note: Pearson VUE in India is authorized to offer only A1 & B1 certifications. All other certifications are

offered by SAP India.

Given below is the Profile Evaluation Form - 2012

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So many filters.

It seems highly impossible for a common man to appear SAP Certification.

By reading this, I understood SAP Certification is still dream for number of professionals in some part of this world.

I wonder, though Malaysia and India resides in the same APAC region, how come their Certification policies are different? Sorry, they are very difficult to understand for a layman like me

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this, Chirag! It's great to have definitive info on this. Thanks again! -td

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

At least there is ONE door is freely open for dullard candidates like me to enter into the SAP profession and that is by attending SAP training course.

and

Thank GOD that SAP Educational Partners (ATCs) have almost no filters for enrolling candidates.

Regards

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirag,

Thanks for the prompt reply! In the link, that you have provided, there is no fee structure or schedule for India.   To whom should I send the profile? Where should I apply?

Thanks,

Rajan U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajan,

Please visit the link below & get directed to their education / certification department.

http://www.sap.com/india/about/company/index.epx

Regards

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirag,

I've got the relevant details by calling one of the education partner (ATOS) in my City (Chennai, India).

They have informed that fees would be Rs.30000 + 12% tax.

step1) They have asked me to send my profile.

step2) They in turn will send my profile to SAP and see if I'm eligible to appear for the exam.

step3) If eligible, I can proceed with other formalities (Sending DD in favour of SAP India etc).

Thanks,

Rajan U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajan,

I would suggest not to approach ATOs if you doesn't want to go through training as there are all the chances of getting misdirected.

Approach directly SAP Bangalore, education / certification department and further suggest you directly deal with SAP rather than going through ATOs.

Regards

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chirag,

Sure, Ill do that.

Thanks for the guidance!!

Thanks,

Rajan U

0 Kudos

Hi,

This information makes sense. Thanks a lot.

I'm looking for C_BODI_20 certification and I hope the same process applies for this exam aswell.

Here are few confirmations I'm looking for

1.      1. Once our profile is validated, I read its valid only for 2 months which means once we submit our profile we should be able to give the exam within 2months? What if we don’t

2.     2. I was going through the project profile_direct certification form where it is asking for SAP experience and Functional experience. My understanding on this SAP exp – means currently our work exp in SAP ; Function exp – I’m not quite sure about this. Is this something related to the client? Like how they are using SAP BODS in their business.

3.     3. I see certification cost is 38K, are there any limit on the number of attempts or 38K is only for single attempt?

4.    4.  Anyone in this forum completed C_BODI_20 certification successfully? Require some guidance on this.

5.    5.  I also came to know the exam dates are not pre-scheduled which means after validating our profile do they give us a specific date to attend the exam or its our choice to choose the date?

Thanks a lot for all the support you have been providing in this regard.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The rules in India bit strange. Only SAP India Education can be able to answer your questions. However, this is my attempt to your questions based on my experience.

1. Resubmit

2. Only SAP Education India can be able to tell you.

3. Only single attempt. (If they are allowing number of chances, then the whole India sits for SAP Certification Exam )

4. Let us hope for some better answers on this point to share their experience.

5. Once your are eligible for Certification, they will give you available dates, may be for the couple of months, then you need to choose one of the date.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I believe that you can get clarified when start corresponding with a particular person @ SAP education.As mentioned above "by Chirag", please contact SAP education unit. Just send an email from website link (https://www.sap.com/host.epx?kNtBzmUK9zU) or just use contact us in certification  page. You'll get a reply mail from SAP directing you to concern person.

After that you can send your profile to the concern person along with your other queries.

Thanks,

Rajan U

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi, If is possible, I would like to receive materials to study for ABAP exam. Please send to me and share your materials for my studies, please.

Best regards.

danielfalmeida1978@gmail.com

0 Kudos

Hello,

I gave the certification for Business Objects Data Integrator (C_BODI_20) finally and here is the procedure I followed to get this done. (I hope process stands same for any certification from SAP)

1. First we will have to provide our resume to SAP in the attached SAP format with the complete experience in Business Objects along with the current version. (Contact any of the Education consultant from SAP they will provide you. Here I contacted the education consultant by name Deepthi from SAP India)

2.    2.  On receiving the resume, SAP will evaluate and confirm on approval status in 3 to 7 working days.

Once the Profile is approved they would send us the mail confirming our eligibility to the                       certification.  

3.       Fill in the attached forms (received  from SAP along with the confirmation mail  for eligibility )

Note 1: Supporting Letter from the organization 

Note 2 : Certification approval mail will valid only for 2 months and profile once approved will not be be re-validated; re-validation will take please once in six months. Post the approval mail we need to give the exam within 2 months.

4.       We need to submit the Hard copy of the following documents and mail to SAP address. (All these info will be available in the approval mail received from SAP –Refer Step2)

a.       Letter from HR supporting the certification

b.      Copy of the approved mail

c.       DD for INR 13483/- favoring SAP India Pvt. Ltd., payable at Bangalore towards certification fee. Please note the price is subject to change as per SAP policy in a timely manner.

d.      Consent duly filled in form.

e.      One passport size photograph.

Send the documents to the following address: (this is specific to bangalore, you need to contact SAP at your respective location)

SAP India Private Limited

Prestige Ridge,

#5, Domlur Service Road,

Domlur, Airport Road, Near Shanthi Sagar,

Bangalore 560 071, India

Tel: 080-41154150

5.     Once they receive the documents, they would share us the slots available for the certification.

6.     We need to go to SAP INDIA to give the certification. If we pass the examination, we would get the certificate in 3-4 weeks to the address mentioned in the application form. If we fail the exam, then we would receive a mail with detail score of each topic (This information is communicated  at the examination centre)

Exam code – C_BODI_20 (this is for SAP Business Objects Data Integrator)

No of Questions – 80

Total Time – 180 min’s

Pass percentage – 62%

Certification Amount – Rs 13483/-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the useful information. If you have any contact numbers can you provide us.

Regards,

Deepthi

0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Not sure which location are you in. But this is the address in Bangalore

SAP India Private Limited

Prestige Ridge,

#5, Domlur Service Road,

Domlur, Airport Road, Near Shanthi Sagar,

Bangalore 560 071, India

Tel: 080-41154150

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contact Local SAP Education Team.

http://www.sap.com/india/services/education/index.epx

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

deep_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

please help me to find right direction toward SAP FI certification. my total domain experience is more then twelve years and more then 5 years in SAP as a SAP FI functional consultant. i have'nt done any implementation project, but have a good experience of support and rollout projects and also have good knowledge of implementation too.

Here my question is that can i appear SAP Associate certification exam without single implementation.