cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of SRM Help in irj Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to Configure SRM Help in the irj Portal screen in as SRM 7.0 AS JAVA.While Clicking the Help tab I am getting error as:

The page cannot be found

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I am attaching the screenshot of the SRM irj Portal Screen and the error page while clicking the help button.

Kindly help me out for the same.Awaiting for your reply guys.It's really urgent.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looks like from your machine, intenet is not accessible..

have you tried opening the same help link, directly in a browser (without going via Portal)??

Or, the link may not be correct..You can configure the help link of the Portal to point to a diff URL.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your reply.My Internet connection is ok.But cannot access the help URL.

Can you please tell me how to Configure help link with a different URL?

Thanks

Ajitabh

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Help link is part of Masthead iView in Portal...You can change it this way

The Help link, by default, launches SAP Help Portal. You can customize the URL so that the link goes to a site of your choosing.

In the Portal Catalog, go to portal content admin - go to Portal Users ®®®. Open the Masthead iView in the Property Editor, and in the Help Link URL property, enter the URL of the site you want launched when the user clicks the Help link.

You need content administration rights to do this.

Hope this helps..

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your reply.I am not getting the path, in which you want me to set the path for the

help.Actually I am completely new into the portal side.I am attaching the screenshot.Kindly have a

look into it an explain.Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Ajitabh

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set the URL in the property which says "URL to help topic"..

have you opened the correct masthead iview??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your reply.

Which masthead iview I have to open?

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks

Ajitabh

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to Portal content - portal users -standard portal users - open up the framework page (i think in your case its the classic one ) -> click on the masthead iview and open - properties

in the properties window - look for "URL of Help Link" property..modify the url to the one required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your reply.

I have set the help link like this as I got Netweaver 7.02 Installed.The Path is as below:

Portal Content-Portal Users-Standard Portal Users-Ajax Framework Content-Ajax Framework Page-opened a page-AFP Masthead-Properties-URL of Help Link-I have set the link as-http://help.sap.com/nw702/.

I want to know is this the right way and right masthead iview to edit?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks

ajitabh

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using the AFP framework page or the Classic Framework page?

Depending on the page being used, modify the Masthead page which is inside..

In your case, it looks like you are using the classic masthead (from the screenshot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I have solved it.I took the wrong path for this.Now it's solved as i took the path as:

Portal Content-Portal Users-Standard Portal Users-Classic Framework Page and edited the link over there.many thanks for your valuable help.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Answers (0)