cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the link between movement type and process category in material ledger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there a way to find a link between movementy type and process catergory in material ledger?

We have a list of movement types such as 101, 261, 262, 531, etc. We want make a general analysis of all used movement types to find out the posting with these movement types  will be shown in material ledger as receipts or as consumption?

Best regards,

Linh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Linh,

there is no generally valid and strict lik between movement types and process categories.  Other parameters play a role and will be analyzed in ML update during runtime. For example a goods receipt posting with 101 is different when it comes from a purchase order or production order, and stock transfer from a plant in the same company code is different from one in a different company code.

Safely you can determine that only by posting an example and evaluate where it ends up.

In a running system you may scan the documents and have a look at MLIT-PTYP where psart = UP.

With the document number you can link to the material document and find out what was used.

best regard,   Udo

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Linh / Udo.

I'm doing exactly the same stuff about linking the MSEG movement with a process category, because i'm creating a resume Kardex (regenerating a Logistic Info Sys LIS with actual costs after ML close). Well, I did the following logic: MSEG > MLHD > MLIT > MLCP  and work OK, but i have a question:

Do you know wich field is the link between MSEG and MLIT ? Looks like MLIT-POSNR   or MLIT-URZEILE  are EQ with MSEG-LINE_ID. In my query I use  MLIT-POSNR  eq  MSEG-LINE_ID but want to know if this is correct or maybe in some cases there is a different join.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

R2

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member706389
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Van,

Please see table T156Q and CKMLAB01Z.

I believe the link between movement type and process category is via a field called Movement type Group, i.e. T156Q-MTG and CKMLAB01Z-MTG.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Raghavendra