cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspections without Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to use SAP to record the results of weekly tests that are performed on parameters, like temperature, humidity and microbial count of the air (essentialy.... productions conditions).

My questions is what is the best way to summarise this data:

As an example, I have tried to do the following:

1. MM01:   Chemical Industry, PRT

2. Selected: Basic Data, QM and PRT Views,

2. QM Setup : Defined Insp Type 14.

The error says " You cannot assign inspection type 14 to a material"

I also tried to create a PRT with CF01, but I can not get beyond that point. How do I create an inspection plan for this PRT and associate it to it ?

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards

S Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member553099
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Inspection Type 14 Belongs To Calibration Lot,

Inspection Type 14 is assigned Only For Equipments,You cannot able to assign it for materials.

Create PRT-1 as Equipment in IE01

Create Task list in IA01 and assign the frequency such as 1W,6m etc.

Assign task list to Maintenance Plan (IP42) and Schedule it in IP30 , So Maintenance Order Will Assigned To 14XXXXXXXXXX lot,So for This Lot You Can able to RR,DR, and UD Is Possible,Consecutive Lots Will Automatically generated, Based on Bgnd Scheduling

Regards,

U.Linganathan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

14X triggered successfuly...many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses, yes these are all very nice suggestions. Still I have a few doubts:

1. I was not able to check if inspection Type 14 is active in SPRO IMG, do you know where its defined ?

I think you may right Type 14 is not defined here (look at the screen shot usage does not list 14)

2. PM Counter sounds like a good idea. It is industry standard to use this kind of inspection for monitoring parameters ? Are there any other strategies ?

All will get points...

Kind Regards

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the path to assign the inspection type to order type.

SPRO > Plant maintenance and customer service > Maintenance and service Processing >Maintenance and service order >Function and settings for order types > Assign inspection types to maintenance /service order types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

in screen shot its task list not the inspection type ... for PM we normally use "4" task list . Inspection type against order is define is SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My dear frnd

why u r using this against this requirement, u need to record the results against some parameters, its better to use PM-counter here, create Characterstics and record daily weekly results against the parameters. There are stdn reports are also available.

Why u need to create a plan, scheduling and all type of time consuming processes, once create the characterstics then record daily as per the counter execution.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linganathan,

Thanks for your kind suggestions. I followed all the steps as you suggest. However I had trouble as the system kept asking for maintainence package. Some how I could fix that also. However still the system is not generating any inspection lots for this perticular instrument at regular intervals ( I gave daily). I searched for insp lots for the instrument in QE51N, nothing !

Any idea what I may be doing wrong ?

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the order type you are using.Make sure that for the order type  inspection type 14 is assigned in SPRO setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you Scheduled maintenance plan wither through IP10 or IP30.

You have to schedule it ,then system will create lot automatically provided that you have assigned inspection type 14 against the order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear,

assign sampling against all MIC which u have maintained in IA02. PM related Inspection points need sampling procedure with inpsection point in Task list against each MIC.

Assign it ur lot will definitely trigger.

Regards