cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SBOP Analysis for Microsoft Office 1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SBOP Analysis for Microsoft Office 1.3 and when I am launching it i am getting the following error- "The launcher is exited with error, see log file for more details".

Please let me know if someone knows the fix for this issue

Thanks

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have the same issue since 2 weeks. I got the following Error msg:

Action-Type

State

Error

Source

Destination

Error-Code

Msi

Install on Update

Schwerwiegender Fehler bei der Installation.

Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86)

Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86)

0x80070643

Component

Install on Update

Component $VC8RT is in error. It has not been successfully installed.

{8EF39596-2C13-4CFE-AA02-C4697BB55D80}

0x80004005

File

Install on Update

Registration failed.

C:\Users\U80832~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Sap7639.tmp\AAO\BiShared07Addin.dll

C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Analysis\BiShared07Addin.dll

0x80004005

Component

Install on Update

Component $AaoDLL_7th_dep is in error. It has not been successfully installed.

{C58F33A3-64DC-4685-816D-A7D45EBC4CFD}

0x80004005

We tried these steps to solve this issue:

Many thx for reply!!

Michael

corey_hallisey
Explorer
0 Kudos

The solution for us was to get our Workstation folks to do a full de-install / re-install of MS Office, to make sure it's all one single version.  Then re-install Advanced Analysis.

The root cause in our situation was the "mixed Office install" with Project 2003 co-installed with MS Office 2010.   It apparently screws up the registry entries enough to cause the Advanced Analysis install to fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For what its worth, I asked my students to install SAP GUI too. That seems to have fixed it.

corey_hallisey
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am a BI System Admin and I'm having a similar problem on 3 different PCs installed with 1.3SP8.  We have about 350 users installed with the software.  We are an Office 2010 shop.

Martin M's 2-step re-enable-the-add-in solution seems to work most of the time for us.  I frequently get support calls from users saying "My Analysis tab has vanished".  I walk them through re-enabling the add-in.  When Excel crashes, it 'protects itself' by disabling various add-ins that it thinks are suspects that caused the crash.

However, I have 3 PCs where I have had no luck getting the add-in working.  On the Add-Ins dialog box, when I select "Analysis" I see the following error at the bottom:

"Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in".

Short of a full re-imaging of the machine and re-install, has anyone found any solution to this issue?  It appears to be a DLL registration issue.

I have tried Martin M's steps on these 3 PCs --> didn't work.

I have tried re-copying the DLL's from the Temp folder --> didn't work.

One other question.... where is the "log file" that the error "The launcher is exited with error, see log file for more details" is referring to?

There is the NWCheckWorkstation.exe utility that I've tried, and it's returned some DLL registration errors, but I have had no luck trying to resolve those issues.

I'm about to log a ticket with SAP Support to investigate this further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is an old thread but I had a similar issue with Office 2007. Turns out it's a known issue and there is an SAP note and a separate .exe file already installed to use. Please reference this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3458649 as I don't want to take credit for the answer

dries_storme
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I had the same issue.

Just launch the installation file again and have a look where the temp installation files are stored.

Do not proceed with the installation but also do not cancel it.

The folder will be probably C:\Temp\Temp.SAP\... folder.

There you will have an AAO folder which contains a lot of DLL files.

Copy those files to your Analysis folder in your program files. For me, 26 files were overwritten, 5 files were added.

Now you can cancel the installation.

Start Analysis for Excel again and normally this will start up.

Kind regards,

Dries

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I had same issue. In my case Analysis add-in into Excel got disabled. I enabled it again like following:

1. Start Excel: go to Excel Options->Add-in

2. Choose: Manage Disabled Items-> enable item called Analysis

3. Choose: Manage COM Items-> enable item called Analysis

This worked for me.

Cheers, martin