3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 6:29 AM by Prerna Mittal RSS

More than 100 entries found; limit search criteria or change settings

Anna Lynchak
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,


On the business partner in WEB UI (role SALESPRO), which has more than 100 entries of orders, when I open block of "Sales Order" , system displays message as" More than 100 entries found; limit search criteria or change settings" hence not all the results are displayed.


Any thoughts of where to change the settings?

Do i need need to change the code?

Notes to fix this problem is not found...

Thanks

  • Re: More than 100 entries found; limit search criteria or change settings
    Prerna Mittal
    Currently Being Moderated

    Hi Anna,

    Press F2 to find the component the search is associated with.

     

    For a sales order, open a view BT115S_SLSO/SlsOrdSQ and context node BTQSLSORD.

     

    In the context node class, there is a method   get_default_max_hits which gets called as default setting unless we are modifying it's value. In this method, no of hits has a constant value 100 and this method is called in get_max_hits.

     

    So you can vary the max hits value by setting the value of MAX_HITS to the desired value.

     

    You can read the total no of records fetched for search criteria, count the no of records and then set this attribute as an opition, but it will hinder your performance for a normal search, where we can have thousands of records unless you are restricting the number.

     

    Let me know in case you face any issues.

     

    Prerna

    • Re: More than 100 entries found; limit search criteria or change settings
      Anna Lynchak
      Currently Being Moderated


      Hi,Prerna

       

      If I open a view BT115S_SLSO/SlsOrdSQ and context node BTQSLSORD, then the method «GET_MAX_HITS», it has recourse to the method of «GET_DEFAULT_MAX_HITS ()».

      In the method of «GET_DEFAULT_MAX_HITS» is read the values of the constants «GC_DEFAULT_MAX_HITS»

       

      If I put down an external breakpoint in these methods, the stop did not work out,
      from what I can conclude that these methods do not apply to this search.

       

      But there is a view «BP_BPBT / AccountSalesOrdersOV» in the context node «BTQRSLSORD» method «ON_NEW_FOCUS» class «CL_BP_BPBT_ACCOUNTSALESOR_CN00» variable «lv_max_hits TYPE i VALUE 100," where I can specify this restriction ..

       

      Do I need to change code in  method ?

       

      Tell me in what direction to make changes

      Thanks

      Ann

      • Re: More than 100 entries found; limit search criteria or change settings
        Prerna Mittal
        Currently Being Moderated

        Hi Anna,

         

        I tried replicating the issue,but somehow the control didn't go to BPBT component. Can you send teh screenshot as to where exactly we are having this issue.

         

        Alternatively, you can try 1 thing. Copy the code in ON_NEW_FOCUS, and then redefine the method and paste the same code again and make the value as LV_MAX_HITS as blank.

         

        I am not sure if this will work, maybe u can try it. I can give you a definite answer once i know where exactly we are implementing this search.

         

        Hope this helps!!!

        Prerna

Actions