cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Process could not get process?why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I start a process , but it's not in "Manage Process".Why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wenbin,

Ok some checks to go through...

1. Check the userid used to start the process.  Did it have the SAP_BPM_TRIGGER_EVENT UME action assigned via a role. If not, it would not be allowed to start the process.

2. Did you get any confirmation message confirming that the process was started?  That would depend on how you started the process.

3. Have you tried starting the process via the Process Repository? That confirms if your process exists and is deployed and activated correctly.

4. Have you tried starting the process via its WSDL URL using WSNavigator? That confirms if your WSDL/authentication settings to start the process are ok

5. How big a list is already in Manage Processes? By default it selects the first 100 entries - try using the Advanced link to increase the number of entries and search for All statuses.

6. As Bala says, have you checked the Log Viewer - check the System Logs and the SAP Logs at the time you started the process. If there was an authentication problem or a mapping issue or similar that should show up here.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Jocelyn

the user has SAP_BPM_SuperAdmin.

I click Save in the SAP to trigger the process. When the process started, it would print a message in the log. So I can confirmed it started. Manage Process can not find it.

I have tried  starting the process via the Process Repository. And it can be found in Manage Process.

WSDL URL using WSNavigator can start the process.

the list only ten records.

the  logs:

Warning: validation was turned on but an org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler was not set, which is probably not what is desired.  Parser will use a default ErrorHandler to print the first 10 errors.  Please call the 'setErrorHandler' method to fix this.Error: URI=null Line=2: Document is invalid: no grammar found.Error: URI=null Line=2: Document root element "ejb-j2ee-engine", must match DOCTYPE root "null".

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what does the save button do?

call ws?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, pass parameters

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you done the soa configuration?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you done the soa configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how do you know you have done correctly?
do you have any working process?
junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what user you are using to test?
before ce7.2 sp4, i think the user needs to have bpm super admin role
Former Member
0 Kudos

the user has SAP_BPM_SuperAdmin role.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wenbin,

Ok so if you start process directly via the Process Repository or via the WSNavigator it's fine. And your user has sufficient access to start it.

And you are confident that you have thoroughly checked the Manage Processes list... remember that it defaults to Error and Failed processes - and that you need to use the selection critieria or the Advanced link to find all processes.

So that means most likely the web service call itself failed. This could be:

• A problem in calling from one system to another - e.g. security profile mismatches or firewall issues or similar. These would show on the Web Service (SOA) logs, or the SAP Log or System Log . 
  • A mapping problem - e.g. an invalid data type.

You really need to check all 3 logs for the time/date of sending as different types of problems show in different logs.

Remember you may need to configure the SOA log to turn it on temporarily for your testing as it defaults to off.

The log you are checking when your application starts the process is I presume only checking that the web service was called ok from the application side?  And not that the web service was received ok from the BPM side.

So check all 3 logs and see what you find.

Regards,

Jocelyn

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Clear some of the processes which are not in use. You can cancel those processes. I have faced a similar problem when too many processes running then new process will not show up in manage process view.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you start your process?

try starting it from process repository for test purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be in "failed processes". Did you check that. Else you may check log trace in log viewer to find information about the technical details behind the process start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It also not be in "failed processed" or "error process".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wenbin, as mentioned earlier, did you check the logs (Log viewer)? Your logs should have the information about what has happened to your process instance.