Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI POI images and filtered pop up

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions on SAP BI for ipad.

1. I am trying to implement google maps. I achieved showing POIs on the map with default bubbles. However, I want to show my own POI images through URL on the map just like the sample in SAP Mobile Administrator and Report Designer's Guide. No matter what I do, I don't get my own images on the map. I tried to add a URL column and entered the URL of the images I want to show on the map, but no luck. Would please walk me through step by step how this can be done?

2. I included pop ups on POIs. Each POI is representing Production Plant. Every time, the user taps on a plant on the map the pop up shows up a chart about what and how much the plant produced. I have developed another report for that purpose with input parameters. However, when I tap on a plant, the chart shows data for all plants not for the specific plant I tap on. I don't know hot to pass the plant name or code parameter to the chart report I want to be displayed when tapped. Shortly, each POI when tapped will show its own data. Is this possible? If it is how can it be done?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never mind. The document I was following was obsolete and the URL I had was entered wrong. The problem solved. Now I can pass values from each POI to the pop up reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

I've faced with the same problem; when i click a poi i want to pass the country code to the child report. can you explain how you managed to pass the parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be interested to know as well.  Having a visual POI is great but being able to see the data behind each POI is what makes the GoeMap a great tool.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

If you know Open Document and how to pass values from one report to another. That works as well.

The following parameters should be enough for you to pass values to another report

iDocID=ATkDXC203MJIv4ArCnGo2dE& ---> This parameter specifies the document ID of the report you want it to be popped up.

sIDType=CUID& ---> This is the ID type of the report which is CUID.

sType=wid& ---> This parameter specifies the report type. If it is a WebI report then this should be WID.

sReportName=MYREPORT& ---> The name of the report you want it to be popped up.

sRefresh=Y& ---> If you want to refresh the report with the values for each POI then you can use this. Y for Yes. N for No.

sReportPart=Grafik& ---> What part of the report you want to show on the pop up. You need to give the block name here.

lsSMyPrompt1=Company A ---> this parameter specifies the prompt values when refreshing the report, prompt name and the value for the prompt.

|| --> If you want to show more then one block in the pop up window, you can connect two links with this symbols.

& ---> Ampersand connects the two parameters.

iDocID=ATkDXC203MJIv4ArCnGo2dE&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=MYREPORT&sRefresh=Y&sReportPart=Grafik&lsSMyPrompt1=Company A||iDocID=ATkDXC203MJIv4ArCnGo2dE&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=MYREPORT&sRefresh=Y&sReportPart=Grafik2&lsSMyPrompt1=Company A

Hope this helps.

Zahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid, I'm able to link my report in Webi but I'm not able to get the popup to show on the Geomap POI. 

Here is my synax: 

http://myserver/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sT... Code Formatted])

Do you see anything wrong with that?

The report that it's linking has 1 tab with 8 columns.  Am I exceeding the column limit?

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using without the "http://myserver/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?"

You are not exceeding the column limit and I don't think there is limit for that. I have used it with 13 columns.

Are you using OD parameter in your table name?

map_lt1_lo2_poi6_imu4_od8

OD parameter states that there is a pop up report and parameter defined in the specified column.

Try it like the below:

iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=MyReportName&sReportPart=ChartName&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode=([Zip Code Formatted])

I also took out the "&sWindow=Same" part. This might also be the problem. Don't use this parameter.

Use sReportName=My Mobile Report

You need to define what part of the report you want to show in pop up. sReportPart=TableName or ChartName

Message was edited by: Zahid Yener

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the OD column formatted?  Is it just the iDOCID?

I think that's causing the issue, I get a pop-up but it's blank.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's say you have the links to another report in column 8 then the OD statement should be OD8.

Not just the iDOCID should be in that column in this case 8, but the whole link.

I modified your link you sent earlier. Try to use this with the appropriate parameter values. And whatever column in this link, OD parameter should point this column.

iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode=([Zip Code Formatted])

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm so close I can feel it!  Now I able able to see the pop-up actually query for the data but it returns just the column headers with no values.  The link in Webi retrieves the data fine so again, there is something wrong with the OD column.

Hyperlink:

http://myserver/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sT...:  Zip Code Formatted])

Table Name:

map_lt1_lo2_poi3_od7

OD is column 7:

iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block1&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode=([v:  Zip Code Formatted])

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block1&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode=[v:  Zip Code Formatted]

Do not use parenthesis in the end where you specify Prompt parameters for ZIP code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Zahid this is clear understanding for me. i was at the edge of making blocks for each URL in the child report. You saved me from a very tiring job.

0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

i am new to BOBI Mobile .i want to configure geomaps in sap bo mobile(iPad)

i am using excel sheet as a datasource for webi rich cilent. i tried to configure the below link for achieve geomaps:

http://alteksolutions.com/wp/index.php/2012/06/geomaps-in-businessobjects-mobile/

but i couldnt.

how to set these values for pointing country in geomaps.

id-->???

name-->???

latitude-->found from google for specified country

longitude-->found from google for specified country

image url-->optional

city-->specified city

link url-->???

emitter-->???

carbon footprint-->???

opendoc-->have report for specified cities

in this above ,i want to pointing of india in geomaps.how to do this one?do u have any documents regarding POI images ?please help me if you can.

With Regards,

Vinothini

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to answer your questions but right now I don't really have time to explain everything. I will try to put a blog over the weekend about your questions because right now there is so many people asking the same questions.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I included pop ups on POIs. Each POI is representing state. Every time, the user taps on a state on the map the pop up shows up a chart about what and how much the state produced revenue. and it should show some chart.

I getting a blank popup and below is my syntax and i kindly request please anyone let me know can i work on this.

or is the syntax posted below is fine ?

="<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AXgMPlcFOLJNqClzYUFX5RA&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sRefresh=N&lsMEnter%20values%20for%20State%3A="+URLEncode(""+[Country])+"\" title=\"\" target=\"_blank\" nav=\"doc\">"+[Country]+"</a>"

Regards,

Prashanth R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

The opendoc URL needs to have parameters sReportName and sReportPart.

sReportName --> Name of the report tab in target document which has the chart to be displayed

sReportPart --> Block name of the chart that you want to open up in the popover

Right syntax is available at page61 of MOBI report designer guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/6117_mobiOS_Repdesigner_en.pdf

-Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Many thanks for the quick reply, I am able to get the pop up but i am facing an issue

once query runs after a while its throwing an error " CONTENT NOT SUPPORTED" and

" You Do not have the right to access data returned by the Universe"

i kindly request you to suggest me what is the error.

below is the syntax i am using,

="iDocID=AQ4TaQVyhd9Lv3yoz3ngTpc&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=link_doc&sRefresh=Y&sReportPart=Block 1&lsSP_[Country]="+[Country]

regards,

prashanth

Message was edited by: prashanth Rajappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Generally 'content not supported' message appears if the chart type is not supported in MOBI OR also if the chart is not found in specified report tab.

You may want to check if document with target chart can be viewed successfully in MOBI by directly opening it and see if refreshing this document works fine in MOBI.

-Thanks & Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

I tried opening child report directly and its is working fine in MOBI and its refreshing as well and if i try  in webi its working fine but its not working in MOBI and

the server i am using is SAP 4.1 SP5.

i have small doubt on the syntax. Do i need to enter only

="iDocID=AQ4TaQVyhd9Lv3yoz3ngTpc&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=link_doc&sRefresh=Y&sReportPart=Block 1&lsSP_[Country]="+[Country]

or

="<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AQ4TaQVyhd9Lv3yoz3ngTpc&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sRefresh=N\" title=\"\" target=\"_blank\" nav=\"doc\">"+[POI]+"</a>"

changing table name as : map_lt2_lo3_poi1_od5_ca1

regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

The syntax you have used in the screenshot is right one.

Just confirm below points-

1. Ensure that sReportName specified in the URL is the report tab name where target chart exists and not the document name

2. Prompt name used alongwith lsS parameter should be exactly same as the one you have specified in Query panel of the target webi document (as I see in your syntax it is "P_[Country]").

3. I believe the CUID mentioned in the screenshot is of he target webi document form where you want to fetch the chart.

-Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

I tried working on the above procedure you mentioned. Its working fine with all other charts other than Line Chart. kindly let me know is there any problem with procedure i am doing. I want the pop up to be line chart. i am unable to get that.

When i tried with the line chart i can see the X-axis and Y-axis showing the proper dimension and measure but unable to get the Data. Its fine with other charts it shows data too.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there are two threads of this post and I see my reply text last week is not visible here.

Hi Prashanth,

Yes; we have an issue with line chart and bar charts in current version of MOBI IOS (They appear shifted in the popup and will become proper once user tried to adjusts slider).

This will be fixed in next release of MOBI

-Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwanath,

Many thanks for the reply and please kindly request you to post me once the issue is resolved.,

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

I am facing the issue number 1, how did you resolved this point?

I tried many kinds of combinations in the format cell as  Hyperlink, Image URL, etc.

No matter what I do, I don't get my own images

I can see one imagen if use embed image-icons in the table column itself and replace imu(n) with imd(n) but I need one image for each record

Thanks in advance

Christian

UPDATE:::

Issue solved, the url image as boimg://image_name.jpg doesn't work, It works for me something as http://google.com/images/image.jpg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zahid / Socheath,

I am trying to do the same and have really hit the wall. Have tried several different things / formats but unable to get the value of the selected poi to be passed to the pop up report.

PLEASE HELP.....really need to get this working .......!!!

These are some other details -

1. My GeoMap & pop up chart are two separate webi docs - not two reports in same doc.

2. Data for the two docs is from universes based on two different sql server tables in same DB.

3. My sql table entry in the pop up column is

iDocID=AdRQZvKZLuhDmZ8bVTQFXAZ&sReportName=MyReport&sReportPart=MyBlock&sRefresh=Y&lsSCity=Edison

4. Tried other formats that you both have mentioned - simply refuses to work !

What am I missing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

We are facing similar kind of issue when trying to pass POI value for popup report. This is regression issue with SAP Mobile app 4.3.11 or 4.4.12.

SAP has released Note 1805902

- Error: " Geomap unable to pass parameter value " while using SAP BI app on

ipad in BI 4.0. Thhis is targetted to be fixed in next mobile app release.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabnam.

This is a regression from SP4. Passing Parameters to prompts from Geomap is not supported in SP5 though it was supported in SP4. The fix is in BI 4.0 SP5 Patch 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

I am facing same issue while passign values for open document. My requirement is to get open document data only for one country which should be same as my POI.

Steps I have followed:

Create a geo map webi report with below below table name:map_lt2_lo3_poi1_od5

and the opendocument link sysntax is as below.

iDocID=ASlNWlMU0YBGv41N1QMMh40&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=CountryWiseGrowth&sReportPart=Country&sRefresh=Y&lsSCountry=[Country]

Country is the prompt name in my target report still when i click on arrow button on ipad i see data for all countries in the popup report.

We have also tried the below format for open document but still its showing all values.

="iDocID=ASlNWlMU0YBGv41N1QMMh40&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=CountryWiseGrowth&sReportPart=Country&sRefresh=Y&lsSCountry="+[Country]

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Could some one help me with my Geomap error. Below is my thread.

scn.sap.com/thread/3289606

I have a strange error. I could not find a fix for it.

Thanks,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block1&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode=[v:  Zip Code Formatted]

Do not use parenthesis in the end where you specify Prompt parameters for ZIP code.

When I remove the parenthesis, the link no longer works in Webi and I still get blank values in the pop-up.

What's interesting is that if I don't define the table as a Geomap, it works perfectly and fetches the data as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I"m officially stumped.  I just can't get the values to show up in the pop-up....

Update:  I finally got it to work!  The lookup parameter wasn't be set as formula, so it wasn't passing the value correct.  I've added the parameter OUTSIDE of the syntax and now it works!

="iDocID=AU7PKR9I9gNPkc3Pvsqkyjs&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block1&sRefresh=Y&lsSZipcode="+[v:  Zip Code Formatted]

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I glad you finally got it to work.

Regards

Zahid