Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program to pick up file on Application server to execute report RFEBLB00

vinay_pasalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirments to execute the program for Processing of lockbox file in which standard program RFEBLB00.

However the issue is the Name of  incoming file ( In BAI2 format) is unknown at the time of execution. ( As it contains the timestamp)

How I can automate the process for execution of the program RFEBLB00 if I know the path of the lockbox file on the application server is fixed.

The process should happen daily.

Thanks

Vinay Pasalkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinay_pasalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I used the Function module RZL_READ_DIR_LOCAL in order to get the list of all the files on the application server path.

However here the trick is you need to delete the entries with file name '.' & '..'

By deleting these entries you'll get the actual file names.

After getting the filename, by appending Application server filepath to File name we can get the complete file name.

Thanks

Vinay

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should create a report scans the path, get the file to be elaborated and submit

RFEBLB00

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Could you please let me know which function module I need to use to scan the Application server path.

In my case there can be multiple file on the application server.

Also how I can Submit the Program with those same values in order to execute the program

RFEBLB00.

I tried searching for the FM to scan the path on the application server but could not find the correct one.

Thanks

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can use the function module 'EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING' , for scaning the application server path. Please find the example below.

PARAMETERS: p_path   TYPE epsf-epsdirnam,

DATA: it_dirlist TYPE TABLE OF epsfili.

CALL FUNCTION 'EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING'

EXPORTING

dir_name = p_path

*       EXPORTING

*        dir_name = p_path

*        file_counter = wrk_cnt

*        error_counter = wrk_err

TABLES

dir_list = it_dirlist

EXCEPTIONS

invalid_eps_subdir      = 1

sapgparam_failed    = 2

build_directory_failed = 3

no_authorization    = 4

read_directory_failed  = 5

too_many_read_errors = 6

empty_directory_list = 7

OTHERS   = 8.

Process :

1.Get the directory using the Above Function module.

2.Get data from file into internal table.

3.Submit the program RFEBLB00 with the required values.

Regards,

Arun

vinay_pasalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I used the Function module RZL_READ_DIR_LOCAL in order to get the list of all the files on the application server path.

However here the trick is you need to delete the entries with file name '.' & '..'

By deleting these entries you'll get the actual file names.

After getting the filename, by appending Application server filepath to File name we can get the complete file name.

Thanks

Vinay