Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG- Shipment Cost document creation

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 scenarios- Both related to shipment cost document creation.

STO process - Where the flow expected from the customer is ------ STO order --> Delivery --> Shipment document --> MIGO --> Shipment cost document with reference to shipment document (Please advice me what shud be the change in settings to accomodate the same)

Normal sales - - The process is standard -- Sales order --> Delivery --> Shipment document --> Shipment cost document --> Invoice .... The problem I face here is that the auto PO creation is not getting triggered.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sivarajesh J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank Riaz.. 🙂

The purpose of the requirement in STO is that the customer will be knowing about the unloading and other expenses only after GRN. So they want the shipping cost doc to be created after GRN.

As you have mentioned, I have got all the settings maintained but the purchasing order is not getting triggered.

Thanks again,

Sivarajesh J

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this unloading & other expenses is entered in ship.cost document manually during creation? Ideally, agreement with forwarding agent will be based on shipment/consignment or on weight basis/no.of KMs cum qtty basis.

However, as said above, there is no such restriction to stop the ship.cost doc creation before MIGO. Hence you may need to write piece of coding (by back track the MIGO is done r not wrt:OBD- in VI01 program)

To create auto PO, mentioned two settings are critical in IMG

- Tx: T-53 - These combination has to maintain & Vendor/FW agent has to create in this combination of Purchase Org + Purchase Group+Comp Code (in ship.cost comp code fetch from tppt)

- Tx: T-56 ( item category level Generate PO should not be blank)- Check which item category is getting triggered in Ship.cost doc.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD    

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained record with relevant combination in tx:T_53.

- Transportation planning point (Shipment doc/Ship.cost doc should create in this TppT)

- Shipment cost type (used during ship cost creation in VI01)

- Purchase organization ( In which Forwarding agent is created)

- Purchase Group

- Plant (from which goods left)

As said above, in Tx:T_56- in item category details - Generate PO field should not be blank.

Let us know,if you are facing any error message.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have gone through the basic documentation from SAP Help & other sources about process & configuration settings.

I would like to re-iterate that shipment document/shipment cost document creation used to have transparency of the goods left , service provider tracking with each shipment & pay for services rendered during vendor invoice settlement are afew.

Hence, standard process doesnt have direct link to shipment cost. This document creation is internal purpose for having track of services received from the Forwarding agent.

1. Transportation in STO process:-

Shipment cost creation can be before or after MIGO. There is no such restriction in std, to create ship.cost only after MIGO.

my query here is:- why business wants to restrict shipment cost creation only after MIGO. Once Goods left from the premises, you have pay transportation cost to the Forwarding agent/Service provider. If you want such restriction, you need to add piece of code during MIGO.

2. Transportation in Standard Sales Process:-

In some cases, business wants frieght cost incurred during transportation to be charged to customer. For that reason, shipment cost will be created before invoice & cost of ship.cost to be transferred to Invoice. If this is the requirement, then you can fine tune the copy control settings from Del- Billing by maintain field Price source - "F-Shipment costs". Still system will not stop you to create invoice before ship.cost doc.

Let us know, what is the business reason to have such restriction.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

PO creation depending on creation , you  check the settings , at T_56 t code here item category details maintain the at settlement tab

Cost dist.    

Acct.assig.cat.

Settlement date

Origin CO        

Settlement rel.   

Generate PO   

this field maintain ,  mainly generation PO field maintain , when it will maintain system generation automatic PO at VI01 level

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1259819

automatic generation PO ,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1873117    

please check this