Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report as Default Print Layout Parameter

former_member277944
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have imported a crystal report as Layout for AR Invoice and Set it as default report. When I take print preview of AR Invoice (Crystal Report Layout), it opens but it starts asking for parameter i.e. AR Invoice number. In fact it shoud not be asking for Parameter AR Invoice should with asking for Parameter.

Is there any specific setting we need to make ?

Help required please,

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rafaee_Mustafa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shazad,

Make a parameter with the name DocKey@

and set the Record Selection formula {Command.DocEntry} = {?DocKey@}

Feel free for any help..

Regards,

Rafaee M

former_member277944
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Rafaee, it worked in AR invoice, but tried to apply the same in Journal Voucher prinout i.e. using {?DocKey@} parameter in crystal report and import it as Layout in SBO. When I take the preview it started asking for parameter, whereas in AR it worked fine.

Can you please help !

Thanks & Regards,

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you set the Record Selection formula {Command.TransId} = {?DocKey@}

Regards

Kennedy

former_member277944
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, but it should atleast stop showing the paremeter windows before showing the report.

Rafaee_Mustafa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

I have done for the JE with both OJDT.Number AND OJDT.TransId and both didnt ask me for the parameter

{Command.number} = {?DocKey@}

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If your thread is closed then close the thread with correct or helpful answers.

Cheers!!!

0 Kudos

Dear Shehzad

Make a parameter with the name DocKey@

In record selection type this formula

{?DocKey@} = OINV.DocEntry

Regards

AAMIR

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shazad,

I believe it is due to the data source not properly updated.

Open the layout in crystal designer-under database menu-set datasource location,

make sure you do update all the tables or stored procedures including sub reports.

Then try reimporting the crystal layout,it should not prompt to enter the dockey.

Hope its helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, can you help me please?

I don't use Command, i use tables and a stored procedure : DocLineType_Layout.

I add in the section Expert selection :

{OINV.DocEntry}={?@DocKey@}  and OINV.ObjType = {?@ObjectId@}

Thank you very much.

Regrads

michaelhouse
Participant
0 Kudos

Remove the initial "@" in the parameter names (so it should be "?DocKey@" rather than "?@DocKey@").  For some reason when the report is exported and edited in Crystal Reports, the parameters are named that way.  This revision solved the issue for me when I encountered it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your help.

the problem is solved

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem on the object service call. I tried to define parameters and set the Record Selection formula {Command.CallId} = {?pCallId@}, but it doesn't work.

It doesn't work neither when I use it directly on the table OSCL like {OSCL.CallId} = {?pCallId@}.

I tried to export a system Crystal Reports from Sales module to see how does it work, but it still doesn't work, the prompt asks me to give a value to my parameters each times.

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

Charly Lesgourgues

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charly,

Please refer SAP notes:

1555170 - Error 'Missing parameter values' printing with CR
layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Thanks for your answer. But my problem is not an error message like said in the SAP note 1555170.

My problem is when I run a personnalized CR Layout using File > Preview Layouts on a service call object, the system asks me to enter my parameter (the callId of my service call) whereas I would want my layout to be  generated on the current service call without the step of entering a parameter.

Thanks for your time.

Charly

sbastien_dubourdieu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi charly,

The parameter in your report must be named : DocKey@

Then in your form attached to the layout you have to catch the event LayoutKeyEvent to set the property "LayoutKey" with the value you want to pas to the report.

Best regards

Sebastien dubourdieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan K

Please share links for every one.

Tks

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per forum rule, I can't post complete SAP note here.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Rafaee_Mustafa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shazad,

Didi you creat the new parameter for this or just rename it ?? Make a new parameter and make sure there is no other parameter in SQL Command for transid or number

former_member209066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the Parameter

DocKey@=DocEntry

ObjectId@=Object type

Thanks,

Nithi

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shazad,

if you are using command, you may just make a Parameter and name it {?DocKey@}

pls. see image.

regards,

Fidel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a connection in CR using OLEDB, this will not prompt user id and password.

Else check the authorization.

Pls try.....

former_member277944
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

No I am just asking about the parameter of Invoice number, system ask me invoice number. I used to run this rpt file as report in SBO. Then after that I tried to use it as layout, I import the file as Layout in SBO. When I made this newly uploaded rpt file as default layout in AR invoice. It opens the report from AR invoice form but started showing parameter (for invoice number) and asking invoice number to show the report.

Regards,

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shazad Nazir

SAP Business One channel partners, superusers, and authorized regular users can work with the Report and Layout Manager window to do the following:

• Access Crystal Reports for SAP Business One to create and edit Crystal reports and Crystal Reports layouts
  • Run Crystal reports
  • Create and manage printing sequences
  • Import Crystal reports and Crystal Reports layouts
  • Export Crystal reports and Crystal Reports layouts
  • Set Crystal Reports layouts as master layouts for sales and purchasing documents
  • Create folders in the SAP Business One Main Menu and set folder locations for Crystal reports
  • Set user authorizations for running Crystal reports
  • View, select, and modify printing options for Crystal reports and Crystal Reports layouts
  • View printing settings for SAP Business One standard reports and layouts (PLD type)
  • Delete Crystal reports and Crystal Reports layouts

Regards,

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good