Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RNIF Adapter with attachments

vk_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying to develop an interface from ECC to 3rd party via proxy to RNIF adapter.

From ECC, I am also getting attachments with the message payload. The attachments are converted to base64 before I receive so i cannot view them in PI. I am using the PIDX message at the target side.  I am using one Business System without party for ECC and One business component under one party for the 3rd party system. I have configured RNIF 2.0 and I have also configured all the parameters in URL, keystores. When I am executing the interface, the message is successfully executed. Even the RNIF adapter has a log which says the message is  successfully delivered. But the 3rd party doesnt receive any message instead they just see some traces of messages where the file type is unknown,and all properties are unknown.

-->Is there any specific configuration required in Communication channel ?

-->Is there anyway to increase the trace level in PI in Java stack to view the PIDX message before sending it to 3rd party ? I mean the RNIF adapter's output ?

-->I have done header mapping with the business system names.Is there anything specific to check here?

Regards,

VK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vk,

please check the bellow  OSS Note in service market place.

Symptom

If the inbound MIME message received by a given CIDX or RNIF sender  channel has attachments, then the content-type of all these attachments are converted to "application/octet-stream".

This wrong behavior can be observed by checking the attachments of the  XI messages send by the adapter engine to the Integration Server.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1609803

SAP Notes 1609803

Thanks

Srinivas

vk_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Thanks for your response !!

I am not sure if your answer is helpful , in my scenario I am using RNIF at the receiver side.

I am using PIDX message structure.My questions are:

-->Will RNIF adapter put the tags "PIDX" before every field instead of the namespace tag "ns" in the XML ?

--> Can we monitor the trace the RNIF message with headers and complete payload anywhere in PI ?

Thanks,

VK