Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup in FPM using the message manager

markus_jarasch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I`m using FPM and want to display certain warnings as popup. When I use the FPM Message Manager, method  REPORT_MESSAGE, REPORT_T100_MESSAGE or REPORT_BAPIRET2_MESSAGE and set import parameter IV_LIFETIME = 'POPUP_AUT' I get a popup, however this popup looks really ugly:

The text of the message is displayed just to about 28 characters and a horizontal scrollbar appears. Is there any way to influence the attributes (size and so on) of the popup?

Thanks,

Markus

P.S: I have asked this question already two years ago without success, just hoping there might be some new solution 😉

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Attila
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

you can use standard FPM popup dialogs with possibility to set the width and height.

Use method: IF_FPM->OPEN_DIALOG_BOX and set the desired rectangle size in structure IS_DIALOG_BOX_PROPERTIES.

Kind regards

Attila

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here you can find one approach how to define your own custom popup window in FPM.

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/floorplan-manager/blog/2013/11/26/popups-in-floorplan-m...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This importing parameter is the standard one which is given by FPM framework. You can't resize the popup window.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

we've got similar requirements like the adjustable width of the popup as well as the support of multiple messages with different types (Success/Warning/Error) which can be shown with unlimited length.

Additionally, the user may need to confirm the warning (or decline it) and depending on the decision, different backend functionality needs to be executed.

So we decided to create a freestyle UI component which handles internal popup-events and shows a custom popup window which is completely implemented using pure webdynpro. Works perfectly well but is a bit more complicated to implement.

In case you are interested in this manually implemented approach, I'll write a blog post how we achieved it.

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I have the similar requirement to which user need to confirm (or Decline) the Warning message and depend on the decision need to process further logic.

Can you help me how to approach this requirement? I am using complete FPM configurations w/o WDC.

With Regards,

Srinivasa Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I couldn't able to use FPM_MESSAGE_MANAGER in my FPM Application. Can u please let me know how can i pass warning message from my feeder class to this FPM_MESSAGE_MANAGER component in window MESSAGE_POPUP.

In my FPM i have configured new dialog box and embedded this FPM_MESSAGE_MANAGER component w/o configuration. My requirement is popup a warning message and take back the user action and proccessed further.

With regards,

Srinivasa Rao