cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap bpc Flow Dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our BPC accounts are replica of ECC COA.

We are loading data from ECC system  through BW and we have G/L Accounts individually defined in ECC which captures indiviual movements. I am proposing Flow Dimension in the Design. My business doesn't want to have this Dimension, as it leads to lot of confusion. I might need it for Currency Conversion Business rules.

Can anybody suggest me whether they are gone with out Flow dimension for the Consolidation, when they are extracting data from ECC new G/L (FAGLFLEXA) Data source to BW--> BPC System.

Also, there is request to have seperate Elimination Company Codes. Did anybody done cons based on Elimination company codes? I am not sure yet how to set up this one but this is other requirement from business.

Appreciate your help/thoughts in this regard.

Thanks,

Sonti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonti,

Flow dimension is very important in the consolidation. Without the flow dimension, how will the business keep track of all the movements in their balance sheet accounts.

Typically, in ECC, we have the consolidated transaction types which will be mapped to the flow dimension.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilanjan,

Thanks for your reply.

In ECC, we are taking the Trail Balance Ledger data

( 0FI_GL_10 --> For Accumulative Balances, 0FI_GL_14 for Monthly Balances).

I don't think there is any need of defining Movements here as there will be seperate account for each movements in ECC.

Please provide your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Sonti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Keeping accounts for tracking movements is definitely a possible option. However, in this case, you need to define a lot of dimension members. For example, opening of PPE, closing of PPE, opening of cash, closing of cash, etc. On the other hand, if we have movements as separate dimension, then you will have PPE and Cash in the accounts, and opening and closing in the movement dimension. It just increases the flexibility while reporting by adding a dimensionality to your data. The master data maintenance is also simpler in having 2 different dimensions for account and flow.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Can you help in providing 1 to 1 mapping of Flow Dimention member with ECC.

Regards,

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

better to open a new thread instead of reanimate an old thread see please Dr. Frankenstein - please stop reanimating the dead.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagendra,

Flow Dim is required if you are using the Business rule (SP) for the Currency conversion. This is typically been used to track your opening and closing balances however you can write your own logic and that case you can also ignore to have this Flow Dim. Coming to your ELIM question, please go for US Elim. You will have to set up one dummy Entity in each parent and between each parent and have to maintain ELIM property.