Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Classification Characteristic Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a Z transaction to save material classification data . Is there any function module that check if a charactersitic value given is valid?

For example, in my Z user puts 'RED' value for characteristic 'COLOR'. What I would like to do the function I am looking for, is to check if RED is a valid COLOR.

Thanks

Regards

Gabriele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but what I was looking for was a check BEFORE using BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE. (user insert many rows together.. giving error only at save was impossible)

Solved manually checking values from CAWN.

Regards

Gabriele

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see if the change BAPI doesn't already perform those checks when updating a classification: BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but what I was looking for was a check BEFORE using BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE. (user insert many rows together.. giving error only at save was impossible)

Solved manually checking values from CAWN.

Regards

Gabriele

0 Kudos

Yup, manually checking CAWN is probably the best idea. To find out how to read CAWN, see here:

http://www.dev-workbench.com/index.php/2013/01/classification-explained-part-2-classification-tables...