cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyrillic Characters Not Appearing in InfoView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using BO XIR3.1 SP3 and are having issues with Cyrillic characters not appearing in InfoView.  I have confirmed that the database NLS_LANG is set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8 and when I run a test query (in DB Visualizer) the database does return the data in cyrillic characters.  However, when I run this same query in a WebI report on Infoview the report returns '???????' in place of cyrillic characters.

I have read a few older threads on this forum and some posters have spoken about a Cyrillic language pack, but I am not certain where to get this pack or if it's a BO language pack or maybe a Windows pack?  Any suggestions?  Is there perhaps something else I need to research to resolve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

does this affect the data only or also the interface ?

in what viewer are you having the problems? Java Report Panel or DHTML?

Thanks

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

It affects the data returned in the Java Report Panel.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the symptoms you are experiencing it seems the problem is with the NLS_LANG that must be set to UTF8 (or higher bitset , ie ALUTF16, ALUTF32, although only UTF8 is officially supported)http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b32006/gblsupp.htm

This must be set in the Oracle Database and on the Server hosting BI

If with SQL Plus you can see the correct charset, then you must check the server hosting BI.

There is also a setting both in the i18.xml and fontalias.xml files that must configure for use with ArialUNI.ttf which is the Arial Unicode font, which allows the extended charset for Eastern European languages.

It is important to use this font also at report design, otherwise you may get  the incorrect results.

Thanks and regards,

Simone Caneparo